red sclera [twenty-two]

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝

Taking her seat in Mr. In Harris's class, Madison shoves her backpack under her desk. Her seat was next to Danny and, unfortunately, across from Jackson. Though, it wouldn't be a shock if he didn't show up after the events last night.

"Just a friendly reminder: Parent/Teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend," Mr. Harris starts. "I won't name you since the shame and self disgust should be more than enough punishment. And has anyone seen Scott McCall? Madison?"

The girl looks up from her desk, "he's sick."

Harris opens his mouth to say something snarky, but nothing the door opens and in comes Jackson, something slightly off about him. Everyone watches as Harris crosses to him.

"Jackson, if you need to leave early for any reason..." Harris says in a gentle voice, making the McCall girl scoff, "You let me know."

The boy just glares at him, annoyed by the pity. Harris moves on to the rest of the class, "Everyone, start reading Chapter Nine. And Mr. Stilinski try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's Chemistry. Not a coloring book."

Madison turns her head in Stiles's direction. A smile takes over her features when she sees the boy blow the cap of the highlighter towards the ceiling, catching it and closing the highlighter. He was adorable.

Capping his highlighter, Stiles leans toward Danny who is sitting in front of him, "Danny, can I ask you a question?"

"No," the boy simply responds, earning an incredulous look from Stiles.

"I'm going to ask anyway," the spaz leans slightly more forward, "did Lydia show up in your homeroom class?" Madison couldn't help, but to feel a bit jealous. Why'd he want to know about Lydia? But, she quickly stopped herself. Shut up, Madison. She was attacked by the Alpha, of course he's going to check on her.

"No."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Answer still no."

Stiles didn't really take the hint and continued to bombard the poor boy with more questions. "Do people know what happened to her and Jackson last night?"

"He wouldn't tell me," Danny actually gave an answer to him, which only encouraged Stiles a bit more.

"But you're his best friend," Stiles pesters, Danny only shrugs, "One more question?"

"What?"

"Do you find me attractive?" Stiles asks, making Madison snort. His head snaps to Madison, who is still laughing, all while he falls off his chair.

-

Steam pours into the locker room from the showers post gym class while the girls get ready for the next period, in Madison's case, home. She had a modified schedule since she has some of her credits done.

Madison heads from the showers to her locker. Only when she begins to pull her things out does she notice that the room is now empty.

Dripping faucets and clanging pipes accompany a thick steam billowing from the shower room.

Shutting her locker, Madison pauses. Slowly, she gazes back to find a figure coming toward her through the steam. She steps back, her back hitting the lockers.

The silhouette seemed to be getting closer and closer, but their face wasn't visible, a thick fog keeping their identity hidden. Their body shape told Madison that whoever it was, they were a male.

You're a werewolf, do something! Madison thought to herself.

"Um... this is the girls' locker room," Madison calls out the person, gaining a teensy amount of courage. The figure stops moving, tilting their head. Something about the way their body was shaped was strikingly familiar.

"You left me... you left us..."

Piercing blue eyes emerge from the shadows. Nothing else was visible, other than their beautiful eyes. But they quickly turned to something terrifying. They turned red, but not like an Alpha. The sclera of their eyes were red.

A loud gasp falls from Madison's lips as her heart sped up. She didn't waste time to sprint off towards the exit.

Passing the rows and rows of lockers, she could feel that the person was getting closer. If she was in a crowd, they couldn't hurt her... right?

Finally, the door was visible, only egging her on to go faster. Somehow tapping into her superhuman strength, she speeds past the door and into the hallway.

Leaning against the wall farthest from the door, Madison peeks into the room to see nothing.

What was going on?

(a/n: this was a very short chapter, so sorry about that. but my book has been getting a lot of votes and views so i just want to say thank you to whoever is reading! i update pretty slow, since i am a junior in high school, so please bare with me.) 

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝