19. Immobulus

○○○

○○○

Loneliness has become one of Amelia's best friends. She always found herself alone during classes with Gryffindors ( and sometimes Ravenclaws when Marceline or Mandy get paired with other people. ) She is especially alone when she is at the Burrow, or in her dorm room. But through that, she has found good company with herself.

Chatting filled the classroom as students waited for Lockhart. Some of the girls fixed their hair and sat close to the front with their quills and parchment. Ready to take notes.

Amelia sat alone, more towards the back. Away from certain Gryffindors that were in her class. But unfortunately, the classroom wasn't as large as she hoped for. So, while she is away from the Gryffindors, it forced her to be closer to a certain blonde Slytherin that irked her skin.

" This class is going to the dogs," Malfoy grumbled to his goons once Lockhart walked with his bright smile.

The class fell silent as he stood in front. He reached forward and picked up a copy of Travel with trolls, from a student's desk, and held it up, and posed like the portrait on the front.

"Me," he said, pointing at it and winking as well. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin,
Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of
Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the
Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

Silence. No students laughed at his attempted joke. Although few of the girls smiled weakly.

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books - well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about - just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in -"

He passed out the papers before returning to the front of the class, "You have thirty minutes - start -now!"

Amelia looked down at her paper and rolled her eyes at the questions presented:

1. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color?
2. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition?

The questions went on as the test only revolved around him and not about the spells he used to defend against the dark arts.

He has to be a poser Amelia thought as she scribbled little drawings instead of answers. The test wasn't being graded nor did it involve defensive spells. In Amelia's mind, this was the perfect time to catch up on sleep.

The Slytherin pushed the papers aside and rested her head on the table. The second she closed her eyes she slipped into a comfortable slumber.

Students continued to rush through the test, the majority skipping questions. Lockhart gulped nervously at the actions of a few students ( Amelia included) Who tossed the test aside and instead stared idly at the chalkboard that stood behind him.