20. Enemies of the Heir

○○○

○○○

October greeted the witches and wizards with great coldness and harsh showers. And with the gloomy weather came the widespread colds amongst the students and staff members. Amelia managed to stay far away from Daphne and Millicent as they coughed and sneezed in their beds. She prioritized her time instead of studying for transfiguration, potions, and charms. Much to her dismay, defense against the dark arts has given out no important homework, that is, as Lockhart made them read more chapters about himself and the creatures he defeated. Though it never went into depth about how he defeated them.

But disregarding that, the most important day of October for the Weasley was the Halloween feast.
She eagerly rushed from the library to the Great Hall. There, she was met with a variety of foods. Chicken, pastries, and all types of desserts.

Sitting down, she managed to grab a rather large plate and placed as much chicken, pies, and mashed potatoes. The seat across from her got taken up by the only friend she has in Slytherin.

" Did you leave some for me?" Aries asked as he started to fill up his plate.

" Not my fault you got here late," Amelia said. She poured herself some pumpkin juice once she began to feel thirsty.

" Just got back from Hogsmeade," Aries mentioned.

" Oh? How was it?"

" Went with some of my mates to the three broomsticks for butter beer..." Aries said as he continued to explain his day.

The Weasley listened, attentive to the places she's never been to. Her mind wandered at the possibility of seeking off to Hogsmeade without any of the teachers knowing. She wanted to try more of the candy that Aries gives her. And check out their bookshop.

" Oof. I honestly think I'm full." Amelia said, pushing back her plate with a half-eaten cake.

" I still can't believe the amount of food you eat," Aries said.

The moment the two finished eating, others finished as well. Amelia and Aries walked out of the Great Hall, both feeling rather tired after the big feast. They walked behind other students when suddenly they stopped walking and a snobbish voice spoke, catching the attention of all students.

" "Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!" Malfoy said. All eyes looked up toward the wall where those words were written in what could only be bad.

" Oh no..." Amelia mumbled as she caught sight of Mrs. Norris hanging off a touch bracket appearing stiff.

"What's going on here? What's going on?" Argus Filch appeared, pushing his way through the crowd to reach the front.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" he shrieked. His eyes trailed to Harry Potter who stood near Mrs. Norris' body.

"You!" he screeched. "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll -"