Chapter 2. Kumo incident

A 4 year old Naruto was sitting in the Hokage tower in Hiruzen's office and he was reading a book that his Toad Jiji gave him. Today was the day of the fox festival and he heard some voice in the back of his head tell him to stay here for the day. He wasn't sure what the voice was so he asked Jiji and he simply told him it's someone who's looking out for him.

"Hey Jiji what's Fuinjutsu?" Asked Naruto walking over to Hiruzen's desk and pointing at the chapter labeled 'understanding Fuinjutsu'.

"Hm oh well Fuinjutsu is the art of sealing and your mom was very good at it and so was your father and grandpa". Said Hiruzen smiling as he put his paper work down to take a quick break from it.

"My parents were good at it... Can you tell me about them?..." Asked Naruto looking up at Hiruzen hopefully.

"I'm sorry but not yet your parents told me not to tell you unless your grandparents agree or you at least become Chunin". Said Hiruzen sadly since he did wanna tell him but new that Iwa would strike the first chance they get if they found out who his parents were.

"... I see... Is there anything you can tell me about them at least?..." Said Naruto with his head down.

Hiruzen smiled and nodded "yes I can't tell you much but you have your mom's hair color and bits of both their personalities. You can be calm and patient and like to learn much like your father. And you love pranking and have bit of a short temper like your mother".

"Wow.. did they love me.." said Naruto.

"You have no idea... They spent their final moments telling you that they loved you" said Hiruzen which made Naruto nod his head but had a small smile.

"Thank you Jiji.." said Naruto before he looked back up at him with determination in his eyes. "Jiji I wanna make my parents proud as a ninja and honor their legacy how do I start with that?".

Hiruzen couldn't help but smile before he walked over to the book case and grabbed a couple of books. "These right here will help you, one of them will teach you about Chakra, another will tell you about being a Ninja. And the final one is the brief history of the Hidden Leaf".

Naruto looked down at the books and smiled before he grabbed them and sat down and started reading them.

A couple of hours went by and Naruto went through the first book and started on the second when a man came through the window.

"Hey Sensei how's it going?" Said Jiraiya. He was a tall man standing at about 6,4 and had long white hair and some red lines going down his face.

"TOAD JIJI!" yelled Naruto is excitement as he ran over to his grandpa and hugged his leg.

Jiraiya smiled as he got down on a knee and pulled Naruto into a hug.

Jiraiya can't be in the village as much as he likes because of his spy network and with rising tensions from other villages. He's only able to come about 3 times a year and he always spends a whole week with Naruto secretly each time. If people were to find out that Jiraiya had a connection to Naruto they might find out Naruto's heritage.

"Toad Jiji I missed you How has it been since you left?" asked Naruto excitedly.

"Haha it's been good even though I wish I could bring you along and find your grandma" said Jiraiya with the last part in a sad tone.

Ever since Minato's death Tsunade just disappeared and leaves next to no trace where she goes. Both him and Hiruzen have no idea why she would abandon Naruto and cut all ties with everyone.

Naruto looked down in sadness it hurt him to know that his grandma is out there and apparently wants nothing to do with him. Since he can also sense other people's emotions and he hated it when he felt his Jiji and Toad Jiji we're feeling sad.