Chapter 99: Feral

Edric's P.O.V.

I lower down my staff, getting some showers at the constant wind hitting my skin, and so I make sure to dive down but making sure to do it safely. Then I stand on the grassy ground, stretching my legs. I was in front of Hunter when doing that, so no doubt they saw me landing. And I hear footsteps on the forest floor.

I turn my head to notice a few Emperor guards heading my way! And I hop on my staff. "Hold on!" And a vine grows on the ground and wraps around me. "You're the Blight son. Do you know where The Golden Guard is?" I shake my head, not looking up at the sky since that could give away his position. "Don't lie to us. We're willing to take you to the Emperor for interrogation." "I don't know, I swear!" And behind them, far away in the background I see Hunter landing on the ground with King.

Unfortunately, one of the guard's who're looking around spots Hunter. "It's him!" And the guard who's using plant magic wraps a vine around his body tightly. Around his torso, pinning his arms to his sides. Actually the grip is probably worse than mine. But I fall to the ground at being let go. "Let's go. We've got what we needed." The guards walk to him. But one guard has a bouquet of violet flowers.

 "No! You can't take him back there!" I yell but see Hunter is still holding onto the icicle. He aims it up and pushes it into the vines around him with a look of horror on his face. And once breaking free, stabs the guard in the forehead, the icicle protruding way out from the back of their head. I gasp in shock as the blood sprinkles on Hunter's face. He doesn't look upset over it, but more like a look of relief. As if he's done this a hundred times.

As he's free, he runs to the next guard and stabs them too in the head, giving a quick death. One of the guards run to me, putting a spear near my neck. Once Hunter notices, he gives off such a feral look. I've seen Luz get protective over time, giving an angry look. But here Hunter is just feral looking. King rushes out and shrieks at us, making me cover my ears while the guard holding me hostage is unable to do so. But the guard drops that spear as Hunter throws it to her head, landing perfectly into the center of the face, demolishing the skull completely as the ice breaks the metal.

I fall back and back away from the corpses while Hunter and King run to me.

(Spelling? How was it?)