59

Alice Avery

I thought of London, New York, California. Italy would be nice, Spain too. The future was coming into my mind and I wouldn't stay in Las Vegas for the rest of my life. That was the only thing I was absolutely sure of. I wonder what Ricky's plans were, maybe he'd follow me, maybe he wouldn't.

I tapped my heel on the wet pavement, a beer in my hand and a cigarette in the other. A race that was scheduled for tonight ended up falling through and now we've gathered in a large huddle around the street like a couple of high school kids.

Ricky came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder. "I want you to move in with me," he said quietly beside my ear before kissing my cheek.

"Hello to you too," I say stunned and turn around. "You serious?"

"Yeah." He shrugged, "why not?"

"I don't know. It's a big step, is it not?"

He laughed at me. "When was the last time you spent a night at home?"

I rolled my eyes, taking a drag from my cigarette. "I can't leave Theo."

I could see the worry and insecurity sprint to his face. "You can say no. It's not going to kill me."

"No of course I want to but what about Theo. I can't just walk out on him without talking about it." I explain and he gives me a loopy smile.

"Okay. Fine." He leaned down and kissed me. "You're the boss."

I've been with Theo my entire life. he's been my rock ever since I can remember. I know I'm not leaving him behind but to me it certainly feels like it.

"Alice," I'm called by Razzle. I turn behind me to see him waving me over to him. I give Ricky a glance before going to Razzle.

"Everything good?" I ask and he gives me a complicated look.

"It's about Trent," he replies. "He wants to move your rematch up."

I casually shrugged, "shouldn't be a problem."

"You trust him?"

"He just wants to change the date of the race," I say. "What's the big deal?"

"Nothing, nothing. I just have a bad feeling, Alice." He says and though I understand where he's coming from, I was tired of the conspiracies and the fear of things that aren't even guaranteed.

"Just push the race up, okay? Did he say when he wanted it?"

"The week after Santa Monica probably. I still have to work the details out with him. I told him I needed to talk to you about it first." Razzle says just as I see Trent from afar. He and Link stand on their own looking like a couple of guilty criminals. Maybe I had a bad feeling too but just refused to acknowledge it.

"I don't care when we race."

Razzle hesitantly nodded, speaking quietly. "Okay. I'll let you know."

I let out a breath and finished off the rest of my cup. "You coming this weekend?" I ask, we leave for Santa Monica tomorrow morning.

"That depends. Are you racing?"

"Yeah. Ricky and I." I say with a smile.

"It's about time."

"I know, if I lose I'll fucking kill him."

"Oh my, don't tell me your relationship is spiraling." He says sarcastically with his lips pouted.

"Shut up," I laughed and pushed him lightly. "I'm gonna take off, I'll see you soon yeah?"

He nodded, blowing a kiss at me as I walked away. "Miss you already, my dear."

I met with Ricky again, tugging at his hand and gesturing towards the car we came in. He waved off to his friends, my strangers, tossing me the keys as he took my hand in his.

"You coming back with me?" He asked and I nodded. "Good," he said back.

His fingers drew invisible pictures on my thigh as I started the car and headed for the main road. A suspenseful silence filled the air in the car. I could hear my breathing perfectly, as well as the echo of his. I could see Ricky's eyes fixed on me, almost begging me to look back to him but I didn't because I knew if I did I'd have to pull over to an empty parking lot.

The street lights flashed in my eyes while I drove through the ghosted streets, the low beat of Nirvana playing in our silence. The red light became green and I hit the gas, only a few minutes away from Ricky's apartment.

At the final light, we got stuck at a red. Ricky's hand shifted, taking a strand of hair and lacing it through his ringed fingers. "I know what you're trying to do." I told him, as if I read his mind.

"Is it working?" He asked lowly.

"Yes." I answered. Shaky. Green flashed once again and I took off.

My hands tightened around the stirring wheel, my anxious self beginning to get frustrated. I pulled into the parking lot, finding my spot out front and turning the engine off. I unbuckled my seatbelt and glanced over at a grinning Ricky.

"What?" I asked as I grabbed my things and put them in my pockets.

Ricky grabbed my chin with his fingers and forced me to look up at him. He studied me, "you're blushing, baby. Is there something you want?" He tilted his head, teasing me.

"You know what I want." I answered, he looked amused.

"Tell me."

My thighs pressed together, "I want you to fuck me."

He knew what I was going to say before
I even said it. It was like he put the words in my mouth and in a way, I guess he did.

A/N
It's been like almost two months, so sorry homies I've never been so busy in my life.

Trying to get updates out sooner, I promise!