I've Got Your Back (Marcy x Reader) *Rewrite*

IT'S THE ANNIVERSARY OF THIS BOOK'S FIRST CHAPTER BEING PUBLISHED!!! 🥳🥳🥳

Because of this, I decided to try and rewrite that first chapter I ever wrote! I wanted just wanted to do this cause today is kinda special to me. Hope you enjoy.

———————————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

'Jesus my arms hurt' I internally groan as I look down at my bright red arms. Coach decided that we needed to work on our receiving so we spent almost a straight hour just digging serves which tends practically kill your arms. I try shake away the aching and burning feeling in them as I approach my locker.

As I look up from my arms and down the hallways I see two girls standing by my locker. The first is my dumbass sister Sasha and the second is one of my best friends, Anne.

'Took you long enough' my sister complained, looking up from her phone.

'You know that you two don't have to hang around for me, your practices finish earlier than mine'

'It's fine dude 15 minutes isn't too long to wait' Anne smiles. 'We gonna head home now?'

'Well I actually left my water bottle back in the gym so I've gotta go grab that' I say with a sheepish smile.

'Yeah we're not waiting any longer for you. Bye sis!' Sasha says, walking away.

'See ya later (Y/N)' Anne waves, following Sasha.

'Enjoy your alone time love birds!' I yell out to the two.

I probably shouldn't have made that comment seeing as it led to Anne running back over to me and smacking me on the back of the head with her racket. I rub the back of my head and grab my bag from my locker before heading to the gym to grab my bottle. Laughter from somewhere up ahead catches my attention and it only gets louder as I get nearer to the gym. When I finally turn around the corner I see where the laughter was coming from and the scene made my blood boil. Standing down the hall was the rest of the volleyball team cornering some other girl. As I got closer to the group I recognised the girl they were cornering as one of my sister's friends.

'Hey guys captain's here!' One of my teammates announced to the group.

'Hey (Y/N)! Get a load of this loser' Melody -the girl on my team that I hated the most- laughed. Why I hate her? Because she thinks she's better than everyone just cause her parents are rich and let her get away with everything.

'Yeah, the girl in front of me is a real loser' I say, glaring straight at Melody. My response made the entire team fall silent and Melody step back slightly in surprise.

'W-what? I must have misheard you captain cause it sounds like you're defending this nerd' she tries to laugh it off.

'You heard me correctly asshole, now apologise to this girl and get outta here' I order.

'Yeah that's not gonna happen' she says, a little bit of anger seeping into her voice as she steps closer to me.

'Listen here Melody' I start, taking a step towards her, getting right in her face. 'You are going to apologise to this girl and then get the hell out of here. End, of, discussion' I glare down at her.

She stands silent for a few seconds before scoffing and storming past me, muttering a weak apology as she went. Some of the team followed her while most stayed put, some snickering and others still silent.

'Oi! If I catch any of you causing trouble like this again, you're off the team, got it?' My threat was met by rapid nods from everyone. 'Now scram' as soon as I said that the team dispersed in different directions trying to get away.

After everyone left I turned to face the girl. The tough act I was putting on dropping and expression softening. She's really cute.

'Hey, you ok there?' I ask the shorter girl, my voice much softer than before.

'Y-yeah. Th-thank you for helping me' she stuttered, fiddling with the draw stings of her hoodie. I smile at how cute her voice sounds, especially with that nervous stutter.

'Hey it's no problem at all, no way I'm gonna just let them pick on you. What's your name?' I ask, desperately wanting to know more about this girl.

'Uh I'm Marcy, Marcy Wu' she introduced 'and you're Sasha's sister right? (Y/N)' she says, still not looking me in the eye.

'Yup!' I confirm with a smile. 'I'm surprised you knew that, I doubt Sash ever talks about me'

'Yeah Sash mentions you from time to time and the fact that you're one of the most popular people in the school means your name gets around'

'Yeah I suppose that makes sense, popularity is overrated though. I'd MUCH rather play videogames all day than socialise with some gossip girls'

'REALLY!?' She says shocked, finally looking up at me. She has really pretty green eyes. 'No offence but I kinda thought that you were one of the gossip girls' she says, looking away from me nervously again.

'Oh none taken. Most people assume that about me' I brush it off.

'Well if you like games then maybe would you wanna play Creatures and Caverns with me some time?'

'Sounds perfect!' I say with a goofy ass smile on my face. 'I've never actually played before so you're gonna have to walk me through it'

'That's no problem at all it'll just be nice to have someone to play with, Anne and Sash never agree to play'

'Well I would be honoured to play with you miss Wu. Now I gotta grab my bottle from the gym and then I'm heading home. See ya Marcy' I wave, walking past her and towards the gym.

'Wait!' She calls out and grabs my hand, making time turn to her. 'Can I come with you?' She asks. 'Well I was heading to your house to meet with Anne and Sasha anyway so I may as well go with you' she smiled a little.

'Y-yeah sure' I agreed, blushing a little seeing as she was holding my hand. We started walking to the gym but the thing is, neither of us let go of the other's hand.
———————————————————

Yeah so this chapter marks the anniversary of the book, I have to say I NEVER expected the book to last this long let alone grow as much as it has so thank you so much everyone, I couldn't have done it without you.

As usual I hope that you're all drinking enough water, getting enough sleep and most of all, staying positive!

That's all from me so cya later mates 😁