Chapter 48: Ron's Leave of Absence & The Talk with Amiru

As Cale was getting ready for bed, someone come knocking the door.

"Come in."

The person to come in was a little unexpected. "Ron?"

Ron bowed to Cale and greeted him."Young master, this Ron would like to make a request if possible."

"Another request? Go ahead."

Ron lifted his head up and started to speak. "Please take care of my son."

Cale's expression turned blank for a while. "Son? You mean Beacrox?"

"Yes." Ron answered calmly.

"Why? Are you thinking of leaving again?" Cale frowned a little and sighed. "How long?"

Cale could see the benign smile disappear from Ron's face. This was the first time Cale had ever seen the assassin side of Ron instead of the one he grew up knowing.

Ron started to speak with the assassin's expression on his face. "I need to go hunt some foxes."

Although he was old, Ron was still an assassin. Ron fixed his expression once more and started to speak. His expression was serious, with only his eyes that ease a little. "Young master, this old man wishes to do something I could do for the family I have right now"

Ron was looking straight at Cale when he mentioned family. "I want to at least not being a burden to you by staying stubbornly beside you."

"Y-You were never a burden. I..." Cale bit his lips after seeing Ron's determined eyes. "You won't reconsider no matter what, right?"

"Yes, young master" Ron could see that Cale stood there biting his lips without saying anything for a while.

His dear young master finally started to speak after sighing numerous times. "... Go and come back. You have to come back."

The smile disappeared from Ron's face.

Cale, who was already in his pajamas, laid down on the bed and continued to speak. "I'll tell Hans that you are taking a leave of absence. Report to me every so often. You can receive money from the Flynn Merchant Guild with your ID plaque."

Cale clenched his fist. "You need to come back safely in a year time, or I won't forgive you."

"Don't get hurt while you are out there." Cale said softly, burying his face in the pillow. He knew Ron could hear it.

Ron could only looked at the back of the young man he considered as his son. He had decided already, and he wasn't going to change his mind.

He wanted to stay and served Cale but he was more useful out there. That punk Choi Han and Raon-nim would be much stronger than him, they could protect Cale.

"Young master, I will report to you once a month." Ron didn't dare to approach Cale, it would wavering his determined to leave.

"Do as you please." The muffled voice sound a little angry.

Like an assassin, Ron opened the door and left the room without making a single noise. He then said one last thing before closing the door. "I will return to your side in a year, young master."

Without waiting Cale's answer, Ron closed the door.

Cale was having a little tear at the corner of his eyes that refused to fall. "Stupid Ron."

*************************************
Dawn arrived, and seven people were standing in front of Cale. There were some that he had personally called, and some that he gathered through Choi Han.