ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥 || 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 26

↳Warnings: Gore
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(Y/N)'s POV

His black, fabricated eyes covered his tired brown ones, however I could see the spark of light shining so suddenly within them. My gaze gently laid past him, watching the surroundings sway lightly as they buckled to the will of the wind. The wind kept me on guard, symbolizing the weariness of the situation.
I could tell something was off.
I eyed the masked man beside me, memorized by the small, toxic clouds that left his pale lips. There was a slight twitch to his right cheek before he hoisted himself off the mossy log, bringing some small particles off with his leave.

"Well, the place is quiet. It's a Sunday so I don't think many people are out, and if they were we would have caught them by now," he stated, taking his fingers to the sky and slowly arching his back. Small pops and cracks violently escaped the exhausted bones of the proxy, signalling this night was slowly coming to an end. His posture bounced back to his usual slouch, as he roughly plucked the cigarette from his lips to stomp on it. The ground replicated a smaller vibration to my feet, making my gaze fall to the ashy stick. 
"Let's go, I'm tired,"

With a simple nod I pursued his desire, lifting myself off the log to meet his slightly taller physique. How the male carried himself presented years of labour on his shoulders, dropping them slightly to get some relaxation. It was a hard life, one that kept me active yet pleading for some time to live. It was a wonder how I managed to carry myself.

"Sure, I'm tired too," I agreed, pivoting towards the direction of the mansion to start my advance.
There was a comfortable silence in the air while I walked alongside my companion, yet my thoughts ran to uncomfortable destenations. Toying around with Masky to test a simple theory was meaningless, especially with EJ already testing the same science experiment. But still, it didn't make sense. Why play these games? Toby's hatred filled his heart and manipulated his mind, wanting to kill me every chance he could.

However, I knew that if bloodlust was the aim- Toby would have killed me already.

Killed me that night.

Something more was going on.

My thoughts seemed to lag behind my actions as the towering walls derailed my train of thought. The mansion was dark and unearthly, nonetheless it held my now life long friends. What a life to live.

"I'll see you later, try and get some sleep, alright?" Masky sluggishly nodded towards me, latching his hand around the cold silver of the door handle and hoisting it open to make his swift disappearance. As the door slowly let itself fall snug in its place once again, I sighed lightly. Stepping into this mansion and not laying eyes on the clock eyed serial killer would have confirmed this wasn't some nightmare. It was reality, a twisted reality that moulded worry into terror.

With a deep breath I let my fingertips graze the handle before a faint 'snap' called my guard. I turned around swiftly, my eyes darting around my surroundings to ensure no danger was near.

I couldn't tell if it was bone cracking or a twig snapping.

I couldn't see it, but I could feel it. It's presence trying so desperately to hide it's sinister intent yet it burned into the night. A predator stalking its prey.

"May I help you?" I quired, letting my voice penetrate into the forest to make sure it was heard.

Nothing came of it.

The wind played with my hair and sent a shiver down my spine.
I felt something out there, observing my every move and feeding off of my stupid curiosity. It was begging me to step forward. Whatever it was, I could feel it's claws slowly sinking into my back, waiting to drag me into a pit of hell.