4° 𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝘽𝙚𝙙𝙨 & 𝘼 𝘽𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚 𝘽𝙤𝙮

Luckily the next morning James woke up early, only to realise he was lying next to Cassie.

Shocked by the sight he missed the scarred brown-haired boy making his way back up the stairs, witnessing something he never thought he would witness until pigs could fly which now thinking about it, happens quite a lot in the wizarding world.

James stared at Cassies sleeping form trying to remember the events of the night before when suddenly he felt her stirring awake.

"I know I'm a sight but there's no need to stare at me like a creep"

"I wasn't staring at you ... I was just thinking" James replied defensively.

"Hmm sure... anyways I need to go get ready so I'll be on my way if you'll excuse me," Cassie said stretching.

"Yeah me too... so bye?"

"Oh yeah If you tell anyone about my fire problem, I might just accidentally burn you"

"In the time it takes you to conjure fire I could play a whole quidditch game" He replied cockily

"You're so annoying! I can't believe I used to be friends with you"

"Best friends" corrected James

"Nope, just friends because if we were really best friends you wouldn't have ditched me so quick," Cassie replied feeling a bit hurt.

She'd only just come to that realisation. She may have seen him as her best friend but that didn't mean the feeling was mutual and she just had to accept that.

Running up the stairs she left a guilty James watching after her. He believed she was his best friend and just did what he did because he didn't want his Lily pad to feel jealous but maybe he was wrong.

With his shoulders slumped he trodded up the stairs to the dorm that he shared with The Marauders.

Meanwhile, Remus was sitting on his bed trying to figure out what he had just seen, Surely they didn't have-
No! Cassie wouldn't! especially not with James. Did they make up? Pfft of course not! Prongs is too stubborn to admit he was wrong.

He was soon interrupted from his thoughts by the sound of the door opening with a guilty-looking James following.

Jumping in front of James scaring said boy in the process, he commanded loudly "Explain"

"Explain what" He was confused about what Remus was asking him to explain.

"Explain why you and Cassie were sleeping on the same couch!" He clarified placing a hand on his left hip.

"They were what!" A voice sounded from the bed surrounded by rock posters.

"It's not what it sounds like! We were both talking last night then she decided to turn going to bed into a competition so I ended up falling asleep by her by accident" James exclaimed quickly.

"Wait so you and Cassie have made up?" Sirius asked making Remus roll his eyes

"Impossible! Cassie would never forgive him"

"Forgive Prongs?!"

"Yes Padfoot, it was him who ended their friendship"

"He ended it for the greater good!"

"What greater good? He ended it because you got it in his head that Lily would never like him while he was friends with a girl!"

"Well look at Prongs! Why would a girl not want to date him!"

"I don't know but it's obviously something about him that makes Lily not want to date him. So James just ruined his longest friendship for no reason"

"Oh, merlin. You're right moony It's all my fault" James realised while sitting on Remus's bed with his face in his palms.