49. More Than Cuddles

(TW: Explicit language. Just a lil'.)

The demon king was in love with you?

Unsure if you should be flattered or outright scared, you carefully glanced upward.

Your gaze met a different Muzan than the one you had known, the one you were taught to know.

How lighthearted and how human your husband seemed, his seraphic face untroubled.

He was leaning in, and a powerful whack at your back would allow you to kiss his surprised, frozen lips with unprecedented force.

"Won't you say something rather than staring at me like that?" Muzan huffed, ending your mindless thoughts.

Swallowing nervously, you searched your empty head for a response.

For sure, your feelings for Muzan were complicated: they were hot and tender one moment, but then terrifying the next.

You needed a moment to process this all, so you turned to another idea.

"Can we..." Gosh, this is embarrassing. "Can we hug?"

Request so innocent and sweet, your husband could only comply.

He flipped onto the mattress then gestured for you to follow.

Once you slipped into the space next to him, he caged you with his arms, partially cupping your behind as your back arched right into his chest.

He then held onto your waist, his thumbs slowly stroking your child-bearing hips in sensual circles as your eyes fluttered shut.

His other hand went to brush your hair away from your eyes, and he kissed the side of your head.

The gesture was way too sweet, too innocent for someone who was infamous for his merciless slaughters.

"Can I ask something about your past?" you timidly chirped between the softness, unexpectedly recalling one detail in your dream. "Did you really, um, do the dirty in some alleyway?"

Without hesitation or surprise, he nodded nonchalantly as if the outdoors had always been his bedroom.

As if you weren't flustered enough, Muzan added, "I'll show you next time."

Oh gosh.

You weren't into exhibitionism, you think.

The offer, though, still makes your cheeks hot, and you unconsciously grab at the mattress sheets below.

"You're funny." Snickering at your awkwardness, Muzan gently pinched at your thigh. "You're too easy to tease, almost like a tiny little cat learning to pounce, fumbling around and everything. Cute."

It was quiet for a long moment, just the thud of your heart hammering.

Noticing the silence, Muzan raised a brow.

"What? Any other questions?"

Will I die? you thought, thinking about the baby in your body.

But, given your fragile emotional state at the moment, that was a question you would hold off for now.

"No," you replied.

With Muzan's cards all laid out, it's now your turn.

"Now, a question for you," he began.

His tone chocolatey but dangerous, the atmosphere suddenly shifted, and you could almost feel the sunshine slink into darkness and flowers wither back to the earth, replaced by a frigid winter frost.