Chapter 32: Magic Unlocked.

Kein's POV

"Rose, don't let go okay?"

"M-Mn!"

This was really a horrible time for a date.

I mean- hang out to see the tree because there's a giant ant that can bite our ass in half the moment it wants to.

I grit my teeth, feeling tired with all the running.

We decided to hide in an empty stall. I covered us with an old ragged cloth for vegetables hopefully taking off the scent.

I've seen at least five huge ants that overtook the city.

Four of them were all red, while the other one was glowing orange. "Well that's not good..." I muttered worriedly.

Rose on the other hand was really frightened. Her body kept shaking, her hands still intertwined with me she really didn't let go. "A-Are we going to be okay?"

She looks up to meet my gaze, eyes flushed with tears. My heart felt horrible the moment her tears landed onto my fingers. I patted her back softly a few times, "We'll be fine, Rose. I'll keep you safe. It's fine I'm here."

I gave a bitter smile because I'm actually powerless as hell. I at least have to give her words of comfort, "Where are the guards around here? Damn. I thought there were supposed to be royal knights or something."

Rose held onto me really close and that really made me leap out for a bit, "I hate ants. I hate ants. Ants are scary."

"R-Really?" I couldn't reply straight because she was really close.

"I-I hate bugs in general." (Rose)

"You're going to love frogs after this then because they eat bugs-"

"But frogs are slimy too-" (Rose)

I really didn't want to argue with her about why frogs are obviously the cutest thing in the universe.

I don't want us to die today just because we were arguing about frogs. I placed a hand on her mouth, "Rose we'll have this conversation next time okay? We have to stay quiet."

Rose rolls her eyes and nods understanding the predicament we were in.

Her face flushed a little when I quickly realized how close we were and it made me panic. I took my hand back away awkwardly, giving her a half baked apology. "S-Sorry."

Rose holds her arms together and looks away from me, "It's fine."

Okay I have two mixed feelings on this.

One, I actually want to see the magic monsters thing outside because I have never seen one yet.

Two, I cannot focus when Rose and I are literally this close.

"So why do you think there's suddenly magic monsters on the run in the capital?" I ask Rose who sighs. "The defense of the kingdom is not that good when it comes to things that can fly." she answers.