GUESTS ARRIVED AT ANGA

Today was the day of Mahashivratri. Whole anga was exited and happiness is filled there. From old to young was busy in finishing the decoration of Anga and the process of welcoming the guests. They were excited that the Shiv-Parvati temple will be inaugurated today and guests are coming for the first time since Anga became independent. There was environment of extreme devotion and happiness in Anga. The temple is Fully covered with huge red silk cloth. It's covering from top to bottom stairs. It looked like someone covered a mountain one face with this cloth.

Karna was eagerly waiting for guests to arrive his kingdom. He knew his parents will also arrive with royals of Hastinapur. Then a soldier informed him that the Hastinapur's chariots were going to entering the borders of Anga. He has already ordered the border guards to escort all the guests to palace. As Karna wii be here to welcome them.

With Hastinapur's group.

Bheeshma, Gandhari, Kunti, Dushala, Arjun, Nakul, Sahdev, Ashwatthama and Duryodhana were coming in their chariots. A plain looking chariot was beside them Adhiratha was driving that chariot and Radha was on that chariot. They entered the Anga borders a soldier came on the horse and guided them to the palace. They entered the city and were shocked by its beauty. Kunti described the city to Gandhari. Anga was filled with children playing and running around. Women were doing household while singing. Old people were comfortably resting in chair out side or their house while men were doing their jobs happily. There was certainly harmony in Anga. The people here though wore commoner clothes but those clothes were of high quality silks. They couldn't guess who were of which cast among people there even houses in whole anga were similar. The path ways were of concrete and has flower garden besides them. The whole anga looked heavenly.

Duryodhana (curious) : Did Hastinapur really gave up such big and beautiful kingdom, Pitamah?

Bheeshma : No son, six months ago this place was barren, forget about such beauty people didn't have water for them. All this is shocking to me also.

Ashwatthama : Unbelievable, Mitra karn has developed all this in just six months. How has he done it?

Arjun : Why don't we ask the soldier escorting us more about this?

Dushala : Yes brother Arjun, you are right lets ask. So sainik mohodaya (respect soldier) tell us how Bhrata Karn has done all this.

Everyone was intrigued, especially Bheeshma. Hastinapur and other Aryavart didn't send their spies to Anga, as for them Anga was a new independent state. They knew Karna was strong but when Karna declined Magadha throne for Anga they thought Karna though strong but was new king who will not attack other countries to expand his kingdom and spend his time to develop his kingdom which wouldn't be easy as not long before Anga was tormented by Jarasandh. They sent spies for one month but the lack of news of activities near Anga borders and ongoing construction of Anga was proof enough for them to believe Anga was still struggling to develop. So they didn't want to waste resources for such small kingdom which didn't even have big army. Even after getting invitation only people who wanted to meet Karna were interested in coming to Anga. But what Bheeshma was seeing is stark opposite of what he saw last time in Anga. How has Karna did it? That too hiding from all aryavart.

Soldiers (Proudly) : Rajkumari all you are seeing is the effort of our king and people of anga. The God has pitted us and gifted us with a great king after long oppression of Jarasandh. The place was as Mahamahim Bheeshma described when our king came to our kingdom. People were struggling just to survive forget about having luxury and beauty you are seeing today. Our great King did this miracle by sheer efforts and Hard work.

Sahdev: But how? It isn't possible. Anga was just 5-6 village large last time I checked on map. But now it's looks like quarter of Hastinapur. Surely Karna would have to fight and win these lands from other kings, so how no news of Karna's fight with other kingdom were spread? How does Karna took care of these lands with such small army?