39. Rings

A/N: Surprise! Got ahead again of my schedule.

Reading all of your reactions was overwhelming. Never thought Natalia's story will go this far and touched your insides. *lol* I can't say anything else but thank you so much. But this I can do.... TWO CHAPTERS upload within the day? Check!

(I'm already drafting the next one.)

Love lots!

#######

Earlier that week

"Will you marry me?" A man got down on his knees and asked a beautiful woman after dining in a fine restaurant. He held a ring in front of her.

Unknown to all, the two were dating for the past months and were low-key with their relationship.

The woman delicately stared at the man. For years, she's been living a quiet and a straight boring life. She loves it until she encountered this noisy man. For months, she had experienced emotions which she never came across with. And for weeks, she's been pondering a lot about the giddiness she felt whenever the man would be around her.

"Jake---"

"Trish, I know this is sudden. I have my reason which I will tell you but, the truth remains that you are the only one who I needed to be with....for a lifetime." The man uttered while giving her a look which can penetrates one soul.

Trish bit her lips and stared at Jake's ocean-colored eyes. She cupped his face and said, "Yes. I chose to be with you for the rest of my life." She smiled at him admiring the courage of the man whom she learned to love.

Jake hugged her and lifted her off the ground with so much joy inside his heart.

"I love you."

#######

Present

"Noooooo!!!!!" Ariel shouted at the top of her lungs and threw whatever her hands can reach. She's now back at the Zippi manor and was wallowing in misery. Her parents consoled her but their efforts were to no avail. They stayed with her for a while to make sure she won't do anything stupid to herself. When Ariel seemed to calmed down, her parents gave her the space that she needs and let her rest to the bedroom.

'That two-faced Jezebel!'

She gritted her teeth and tore the broadsheet in her hands. "Gaaahhhh!" She shrieked again. All of her aspirations resulted to nothing.

As her breathing intensifies, her loathe for the duchess and the Yushkovas clouded her mind.

After quite sometime, Ariel wiped her tear-stricken face and reached for her bag then planned to meet the person who can help her.

'I'm not the only one who's going down.'

--------------

Evening

"Ready?" Natalia looked up at Alexander nervously. She's finally introducing him to her father. They were standing at the doorsteps of the Zimmer Estate.

"Since the day I've met you." The man replied smiling and fully fixated on her. The woman looked away because her cheeks instantly turned to crimson. He was holding her hand and casually kissed it.

A butler then opened the doors and led them to the main hall.

"Here they are." Daniel Zimmer uttered and somewhat excited as he saw the newly arrived couple. He was sitting down at a single sofa chair and was accompanied by a nurse. He firmly requested that he wanted to receive their guests that evening.