(41)

Your average swearing and blood warning from yours truly ;)

"Its the cat"

My face instantly lit up at the mention of the word "cat". I shoot up from my bed ignoring the spiraling pain developing in the side of my waist. No matter. I had to get a glimpse of this cat. Now in fact.

I gaze into the box to see a wide eyed small feline. It's pale green beady eyes stared up at me in dismay. Tommy lifts the think blanket fully and he places it on a small box beside him. The blonde haired boy and Wilbur exchanged a warm smile before staring at me as if I was a child on Christmas.

The small cat, possibly even a kitten was a mixture of brown and grey with darker marbled legs. It had pure white paws, like socks and a dark striped tail like a tabby. There were faint dark stripes hidden among the blend of pelt colours. Among the light stripes and ash and brown flecked fur were light ginger splotches along it's body. I gaze at the small frightened cat's head and stare at it in awe. It's face had a combo of brown grey, grey , ginger and dark stripes splashed over its face. With a distinct ginger half ring around its eye.

(For reference here you go. also not my cat)-Rex

 also not my cat)-Rex

(anyway back to the story :)) )

The small feline had huddled itself into the corner of the contained box. I look up to Tommy.

"Can you hand the box to me? It's frightened" He only gave a quick nod before placing it down on the bed. I slowly turned around and sat on the brick like bed. I cross my legs and haul the box onto my lap almost in slow motion. I stare down at the feline and small. It's fur bristled as I reach my hand into the box to place it into the box. I place it beside the young cat. It stares at my hand in horror and lets out a small hiss.

"Hey, hey... I'm not gonna hurt you. I promise" I say softly and I move my hand slowly to its back. I can feel the nerves radiating of the poor cat's pelt. It's never had human contact before. Poor creature. I sigh and slowly scoop up the ball of fluff and move the box to beside me with my free hand. I hold my breath as I place them into the centre of my lap. It's pale green eyes stare at me in shock. I smile and begin to stroke the top of its head in a circular motion. The cat's eyes closed, and looks as if its muscles had smoothened.

I giggle quietly. "See? I'm not that bad. Some people would believe otherwise. But I'm glad you like me" I hear someone in front of me clear their throat. My head shoots up to the two boys staring at me.

"How is she?" Wilbur says eagerly.

"I think you mean He" I smile. He turns to Tommy, he nods. He turns back to me and a small smile appears on his face.

"Have any names in mind yet?" His deep voices rings in the small room. I glance down to the feline and begin to think. I want a name to match his pelt. My thinking trails down to my childhood. I wanted to name our family cat Styx, but my mum named it Tiger instead. Styx. It has a good ring to it. I like it. Yes it was another spelling for the word 'stick' but it sounded different.

"Styx. I want to name him Styx" I say proudly, still stroking the cat ever so slowly. He seemed to be lapping up the wanted attention. Poor cat had no idea what he was missing.

"You mean like the stuff that falls off trees?" Tommy scratches his head in pure confusion. Wilbur's facial expression was similar to Tommys. I giggle and shake my head.

"No, It's spelt S T Y X " I spell it out slowly for them to understand.

"Oooooohhhh" They both synchronized. I laugh lightly and gesture my hand.

"Come pet him. I don't think he bites"

Wilbur went straight in for it and began to stroke the cat straight away. Styx was hesitant but he head butted his small head into the palm of Wilbur's hand. The tall brunette let out a small squeak. A small grin imprinted onto my face, and I glance at the boy who stood behind him. Wilbur stood up right and told Tommy he didn't bite. He scrunched his hands up and shook his head.

"Oh come on, you handled him before." Wilbur said. He did have a point.

"Actually Tubbo did." He said simply. As if on command, the brown haired boy waltzed into the room and bright gleaming smile on his face.

"I got bit a couple of times. But looking at him! He looked black when I first gave him a bath."

"TUBBO! Are you okay?" Wilbur raised his voice, which then made Tubbo flinch. He recoiled before responding.

"Yep I am fine. His leg will also take a solid 6 months to heal. It would've been longer if he wasn't young" He says in an attempt to sound formal.

"Thank you Tubbo" I smile. His faces turns beet red (Not romantically).

"Uhhh, It.. was nothing.. nothing at all." He stutters, turning his head to face the ground. I giggle and pick up Styx to face me. I already love him so much. It seems everyone else does as well.

....

I would not have found him if I didn't encounter Dream..

....

Your welcome folks. Sorry I had to reupload this because of something that went wrong. I have made another chapter for you. Now if you excuse me. I have chocolate moose waiting for me in the fridge. I had alot of fun with this chapter. Enjoy Y/n and Styx content :))

Words- 1008

-Rex :D