c h a p t e r - 18

'I'm not saying that I think of you constantly, but I can't deny the fact that every time my mind wanders, it always finds some way back to you.'

***

ALEX'S POV

I heard some shuffling from the dining room. So I peeked to find Annika looking at my family photos.

I saw the time and it was around 6 in the evening.

"You're up," I said causing her to jump in surprise.

She narrowed her eyes at me and entered the kitchen.

"Are you cooking something?" she asked looking around.

"You want something?" I asked as she nodded her head slightly.

"Alright then," I said and got some snacks for both of us.

"You wanna read a book or watch something?" I asked her while she was looking at the books we brought a few hours ago.

"Books," she exclaimed happily making me chuckle.

She got the book she wanted to read and came next to me. I also got one for myself. I don't know exactly how the time passed.

After some time she rested her head on my shoulder while reading.

She was greatly invested in the book while I was the distracted cause of her being so close to me.

Trying to get some focus I quietly moved my shoulder away and kept my head on her lap startling her.

She chuckled getting out of her trance and started reading her book.

I looked up at her. She kept one hand on my hair and started playing with them. I groaned mentally at how relaxing that was.

Today was a seriously tiring day. The football practice is crazily tough.

Well, that's what you get being a football captain.

She kept reading and playing with my hair making me feel sleepy. I moved my book away and closed my eyes.

I could feel her kissing my forehead softly making me smile.

It was pretty late when I got up and saw that it was around 9 pm. I saw that Annika was still reading her book lying beside me.

"It's already pretty late....let's get you home," I said my voice raspy because of waking up right now.

She looked at me before nodding.

"Did you finish the book?" I asked her.

"No, it's still left," she replied before moving closer and hugging me causing me to tense slightly.

I relaxed before hugging her back.

"I'm so done with football practice," I said as she placed her chin on my chest and looked up at me chuckling.

"When is the match?" she asked.

"After the trip." I replied seeing as she frowned.

"You won't come to the trip then?"

"I will....all the boys in the team have to go as the coach has a friend who was in the international team," I replied as she nodded.

All of a sudden her phone ringed causing her to jump. I laughed at her and she just rolled her eyes before picking up her call.

"Yes I'm on the way...we are stuck in traffic," she said chuckling nervously.

"Yeah okay," she said cutting the call and looking at me.

"Stuck in traffic?" I asked teasing her at the lie.

"Ya now let's go," she said laughing and dragging me.

Soon we were at her house.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said before opening her side's door.

She stopped for a second before looking back at me. Moving closer she placed a small kiss on my cheek making my heart skip a beat.

"Do well on your morning practice," she said before a small blush came on her cheeks.

Saying this she quickly got out of the car and I waited until she got to the door.

She looked back and waved. I waved back as she got in.

AUTHOR'S POV-

Annika was pretty happy at the fact that Alex was going on the trip.

Or else she may have to rethink the decision of going there.

After a few days, they again planned to go on a date as they had been busy with their school works and Annika's dance classes, and Alex's practice time.

But on the day they were too tired.

Alex said and I quote, "Screw it, we are tired and I'd rather watch a movie and cuddle at my house."

And that's exactly how they had their second date. Though Alex had no idea how come he agreed to watch a Disney movie after watching an action movie.

Maybe it was Annika's puppy eyes or maybe because she kissed him and he just melted right there.

But no doubt he loved watching her get over-excited about the dresses worn in the movie.

After the date, they got back to their schedules.

Alex taking care that Annika is not getting too stressed because of everything.....either school or home.

Both of them will just be sitting in silence while working on their assignments but still touching elbows or knees and feeling the comfort of each other's presence was like regaining energy after a very tiring day.

Even if they were frustrated when life is busy...both of them will be ecstatic once they get to spend time with each other.

"I don't understand this," Annika whined while they were in the library.

They have created some kind of habit of helping each other understand an academic concept.

"How about I tell you some other way." Alex would end up saying.

"I get it now." she will say after 2 minutes happy she finally understood.

At which Alex will roll his eyes with a small smile....since she didn't understand the easier way but instead understood with the hard way.

It was adorable how they would find time to spend even 20 minutes with each other because they missed each other and want to catch up.

Annika for a fact realized that what she felt for Alex was much much more than a simple crush.

She knew she was falling for him.

I think you know you love someone when he is always there in the back of your mind.

Like he might not be there in person but you wish he was by your side all the freaking time.

Wishing you could laugh with him, gossip with him, smile with him, and honestly wish you could do so many things with him.

Annika thought it was crazy how many feelings you can have for one person.

She hoped that Alex felt the same as her. And a tiny part of her believed that he did.

Never did Annika think she'll be in a relationship like the one she is in now.

Every day he reminded her of her worth and supported her on her mental health days instead of making her feel guilty for it.

Honestly everyone......you will never be too much for someone who can't get enough of you......

***
Soo a new chapter......hope u liked this.

𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦

𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸

𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘢

;)