𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

Tenth century

The rain was thrashing around me as I wept by the river. The trees were protecting me as much as they could. I scrubbed my arms as much as possible until they were pink, trying to wash as much blood of myself as possible. The blood had soaked throughout my cream dress and was near impossible to get out.

Unaware of my surroundings in this state, I was unable to hear the rustling of leaves & twigs coming from the young man behind me. "Miss! Are you alright?" he called out, "your dress is covered in what seems to be blood!" rushing over to me. I quickly turned towards him and realised it was one of the boys from my village.

He grabbed ahold of my face and turned me towards him, checking over my body in case of any injuries. Realising that I didn't have any fresh wounds he looked straight into my eyes. "Miss Frodedòttir , th-this isn't your blood." he stuttered.

I could barely wrap my head around all the emotions going through my head right now. "I-i had to, I-i swear." I sobbed towards him.

"if I've got this situation correctly, then this is someone's else blood. Enough for them to deceased!"

"P-please, don't tell anyone." I choked " It was the only way, I promise to never tell a soul about my sins, but please, help me!"

He looked into my eye and debated his choices for a few seconds, wondering if what he was about to do will haunt him for the rest of his life. "You must tell me what happened, otherwise I refuse to help you." he shook his head.

I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was terrified. He had most likely sneaked out to escape whatever was happening at his home, and finding a young girl, covered in blood was the last thing he expected.

"A couple months ago, I caught my husband cheating." I shook my head. "I confronted him a couple months ago, but he started becoming violent. So, I tricked him by impostering as his lover with a letter asking to meet up in the forest." I explained with choked up sobs threatening to escape.

"You killed him..." I looked down in shame.

The guilt was eating me alive. To love someone, to trust them with everything you have, only for them to flip like a switch, and forget everything you once promised each other, hurt, so, so much.

"What did you do with the body?" He questioned me, helping me stand from the wet ground. "I-I hid him him close to the other village, in hope of our village thinking it was one of the beasts who killed him-" he quickly cut me off.