Part 27

"Bye, mom! I'm heading out for a bit!" Akira shouted as he slipped his shoes on and pulled his shoes. The boy slipped something into his pocket as he opened the door, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he walked through the cold Tokyo streets.

He made his way to check on his vice-captain who'd been attacked the night before, Akira biting the inside of his cheek.

"Yo! Takemimi!" Akira shouted, seeing the bandaged boy walking out of his house. The blonde looked up, his eyes wide as he saw the black-haired boy approaching him with a smile.

"Oh- hey, Akira. What's up?" Takemichi asked, running a hand through his hair.

"Just came to check up on ya, what're you doing up?" Akira asked raising an eyebrow at the boy, taking in his still injured state.

"Ah, just going to see Chifuyu- We wanna talk about who we wanna recruit. Not without you and Asahi's permission of course!!" Takemichi chuckled out causing Akira to roll his eyes and scoff, throwing his arm over his shoulders.

"Pfft, I trust you two. Do what you think is best, yeah? How're you feeling? They didn't mess you up too bad did they?" Akira asked as the two Toman captains walked, Takemichi lightly chuckling.

"Nope, I'm all good! Just a little bruised. I feel bad for Hakkai more though, I hate that he had to leave Toman because of me." Takemichi grumbled, looking down at the ground.

"Hey! Lift your head up soldier! You're in luck!" Akira spoke, a wide smile on his face as he looked to Takemichi.

"Lucky? What's that mean?" Takemichi asked, looking at the beaming boy who lightly chuckled.

"Because I'm your captain! And no one is allowed to touch my boys! So- I'll simply go and kill them!" Akira chuckled out, patting the boy on the back.

"What?! Kill them?! You can't go kill them!! They're a whole gang! They're more dangerous than you think, Akira!" Takemichi shouted, his eyes wide as saucers as he pleaded with his friends.

"Takemimi! I'm dangerous too!" Akira mumbled, faking being offended before unwrapping his arm from the boy's shoulders.

"Leave it to me, my loyal vice-captain." Akira's voice echoed off of the houses, walking in the direction of the black dragon's territory.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

A small whistle echoed off of the alleyway walls, Akira chewing a piece of gum as he looked around the trashy area before hearing a couple of voices at the end of the black alleyway.

"What'd Taiju say? That we might be going to war with those fucking kids?" One asked, the other one mumbling a quiet 'yeah' before the spark of his lighter sounded. Akira furrowed his eyebrows as he walked up behind them.

"Excuse me ? The guy on the left with the cigarette?" Akira asked, approaching them and spitting his gum to the ground.

"Hmm?" The smoking one asked, looking over his shoulder at the boy, watching him pick up a small broken plank of wood.

"Can you be a good little bitch and go get my your boss?" Akira asked, before swinging the plank into the other member's head, crumpling him to the ground with a grunt.

The cigarette dropped off of the man's mouth as he scrambled back, Akira pulling out his brother's knife from his pocket and holding it towards him.

"Quickly please," Akira spoke, a small smirk on his face, the man running in the opposite direction with his phone in his hand.