Chapter 22: Dumbledore the Thief

"I, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, hereby call this meeting of the Wizengamot to order,"

They all sat around the table once more with Harry to the left Lucius Malfoy, the man who feared the boy more than ever, much to the young lord's amusement.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming today," he thanked, "We shall begin to address any issues starting from Lord Slytherin if you please,"

The boy, who looked very different than the last year, stood and began to speak, the Wizengamot had learnt not to underestimate the 12-year-old,

"Good evening, esteemed members of the Wizengamot," he started formally, "I would like to begin with a rather disturbing revelation that I have uncovered recently regarding Chief Warlock,"

The murmurs of the room began, "I, Lord of the Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Peverell, Gaunt, Slytherin and Gryffindor, move for Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore to be put on trial for embezzlement if my funds,"

The room was outraged and Dumbledore had gone red.

Harry began passing out a few Gringotts-Approved statements stating how Dumbledore took the money but he decided to leave the whole Compulsion/Repulsion fiasco for a private dispute.

"As you can see, these statements cannot be forged but if you need confirmation, please contact my Vault Manager Griphook to settle any doubts,"

Dumbledore buried his face into his hands embarrassed and confused. How had he found out? How long had he known?

The thought was quickly pushed out of his mind when someone began to speak again,

"Those in favour of putting Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore on trial for embezzlement say, Aye,"

There was a chorus of Ayes, the loudest coming from Voldemort's followers, including a very smug Lucius.

"The Ayes have it and the trial shall be held 22nd of December at 6 PM,"

He moved back to his seat and put a hand on Lucius' shoulder making the man extremely fearful and no longer smug.

"Thank you, Chief Warlock, please continue," he smirked and winked at the old man.

The room lost all respect for him and Dumbledore wasn't happy.

As he left the meeting, Dumbledore tried to engage him in an inevitable conversation but Harry just pretended that he did not exist making Dumb-as-a-door extremely frustrated, not that Harry cared.

***

"Disciplinary Hearing of the 22nd of December into offences committed by Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Resident of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland. Interrogators, Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Magic. Charges against the accused are as follows; that he did in full awareness of the illegality of his actions embezzle funds from Lord Harry James Potter, Lord of the Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Peverell, Gaunt, Slytherin, Gryffindor and the House of Umbridge,"

The room broke out in whispers.

Dumbledore sat in the chair in the middle of the courtroom for the first time in his life and he knew he was done for. On the sidelines were the Weasleys, Molly and Ginevra and Ronald along with Hermione.

"How do you plead?"

"Guilty," they could easily get any answers out of him with Veritaserum so there was no point in lying.

There were gasps of outrage from the court ad Harry was smirking somewhere in the front of the court.

"Lord Harry James Potter has submitted Gringott's approved statements against the defendant," he presented formally, "It states that you have placed monthly transactions of 100 galleons each to Hermione Jean Granger, Ronald Bilius Weasley and Ginevra Molly Weasely who are present today,"