SEVENTY EIGHT

HOT TUB

Nightfall had soon fallen and everyone was drunk and in the hot tub. JJ couldn't take his eyes off of River in her bikini, even if she was sat between Silas' legs.

"I never made good grades in school, when I get out, I act like a fool." Pope wrapped and everyone listened with smiles on their faces. "They say I come in the party and cause a commotion, I'm smooth, yeah, call me lotion."

"Just like the good lord intended." JJ smirked with a spliff in his hands.

River ran her tongue over her bottom lip, watching as JJ placed the spliff in his mouth. She wasn't sure what came over her but she slowly stood up, sitting back down on JJ's lap, taking the spliff from his moth and placing it in her own.

JJ's eyes darkened once she girl sat on his lap. His hands gripped her waist and pulled her closer to him. Now she was here, he didn't want to let her go.

Silas raised his beer to JJ, happy that their plan was working for him. JJ pressed his lips against River's collar bone, his eyes flickering to everyone else. Maybe now that John B and Sarah were back, things could return to how they used to be.

Slowly everyone began leaving the hot tub, mainly to get more drinks but JJ didn't want to move incase River didn't come back to him, so instead he stayed in the hot tub with her on his lap.

"I hated you for what you did." River whispered, turning to face the boy, her nose brushing against his, making their warm breaths mingle. "I don't think I want to hate you anymore."

JJ hesitantly leant forward, he connected their lips together momentarily. He didn't want to do anything too quick, he didn't want to rush their relationship this time.

He smiled once he heard River hum, she wrapped her arms around his neck and grinded closer to him. His hands gripped her hips so tightly that she was sure his finger prints would be left in the morning.

"Again." She whispered, she had missed the way his lips felt against hers. They were so soft and addictive.

JJ nodded and brought his hand up to cup the girls face, his thumb caressing her cheek, his eyes looking into hers intently. God, she was so beautiful. He pressed his lips against hers once again.

River smiled into the kiss and the fact that their lips moulded so perfectly together, like they were made for one another. She giggled once she heard a few hoots come from the pogues.

JJ showed them all his middle finger, gripping the girl tighter so that she didn't break the kiss. This was the closest they'd been in months and he certainly didn't want to ruin it. Everything was perfect.

Silas slung his arm around John B, making John B furrow his brows. He knew Silas but only by name and reputation, it made him wonder if it wasn't for JJ and the deal they made, if he would be part of their group.

"She's missed you." Silas announced, motioning to River who had just pulled away from JJ with the biggest smile on her face. "It's been hell for her without you, especially with what happened with JJ and Kie."

"They shouldn't have done it, but I'm willing to look pass it if she is." John B responded. "Thanks for looking after her."

"Honestly, I never thought about it before, but now that she's in my life, I can't imagine her not been there anymore." Silas watched as River jumped out of the hot tub and ran over to him.

He quickly opened his arms for her to jump into, not caring that she was soaking wet. She was happy and that made him happy.

"He kissed me." River squealed like a excited school girl. Silas chuckled and placed the girl back down on her own feet. She turned to face John B and squished his cheeks together. "I missed you Johnny."

"I missed you too, R.C." John B smiled, pulling off his jumper and giving it to the girl so that she didn't get cold.

River watched as JJ and Pope began wrestling, she had sat down beside Sarah, her head resting in the girls lap. Sarah had decided to comb her fingers through the girls hair, not realising how much she missed her cousin until now.

Kie slowly stood up, trying to hide a smirk on her face as she made her way towards Pope. River glanced towards Silas who watched the pair walk away together. He didn't hesitate in drinking the rest of whatever alcohol was in his cup.

"Way to be discreet!" JJ shouted with a chuckle, noticing the way that Silas' mood had fell.

"I leave and this is what happens." John B shook his head, placing a supportive hand on Silas' shoulder, he could tell that the boy was upset but he didn't exactly know why.

"Are you blaming me?" JJ questioned playfully.

"Just a little bit." John B nodded with a laugh. "Your boys out, beer time. Silas, come with?"

Silas seemed to be caught off guard at the fact that John B wanted him to come, but still he nodded and went along with John B.

"You two were the ones that died, okay?" JJ shrugged, as John B and Silas walked away.

"Literally one job, JJ. No pogue on pogue macking."Sarah chuckled at the boy as he then brought up the fact that he managed to get them the Phantom.

River noticed the fact that John B was taking a while to come back with the beers, since Silas has already returned. She furrowed her brows and stood up, going to see what had the boy held up.

"It's a cute art project." John B chuckled.

"I'm sure it was." River nodded in agreement, remembering how she wasn't there when the three did the memorial for John B.

"They killed the tree." John B laughed, making River let go of a giggle in response, knowing that he was trying to cheer her up.

"Things weren't the same without you." River teared up. "Everything seemed to fall apart." Her bottom lip began to tremble and John B couldn't take it anymore.

He pulled the girl into his chest, his hand cupping the back of her head and holding her tightly. It broke his heart to see her upset. She deserved nothing but happiness in her life.

"Please don't ever leave again." She whispered softly into his chest.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise."