Chapter 50: The Bombs and the Shield

It was now 9 am.

"Huh?"
Cale could hear Eric's confused voice.

"What is that?"
Cale then heard Taylor's anxious voice.

Cale leisurely raised his head to look at the top of the Bell Tower.

"What?"
"Who is that?"
"What is going on?"
The mumblings of the crowd started to get louder.

King Zed looked behind him, and then moved his gaze up the Bell Tower. Cale looked at the top of the Bell Tower and started to smile.

King Zed started to shout. "Who are you?!"

The knights and mages headed to the Bell Tower. The citizens started to get nervous about what was going on.

They had no choice. A person appeared on top of the Bell Tower, and then more people in black attires started to appear on top of the buildings nearby as well.

"Get down this instant!"
"Everybody, head up to the top of the buildings now!"

Cale heard the voices of the knights nearby, and looked toward the man standing on top of the Bell Tower with black attire and a mask.

It was the blood-crazy mage, Redika.

'I was worried this would be different than the novel as well. I wasn't here in the past life either.'

If Redika did not show up, he would have needed Raon to reverse the flow of mana coming to the mana bombs in order to locate the hidden Redika, and allow Choi Han to kill him.

Cale was relieved that he would not need to do that, and remembered the description in the novel.

< Choi Han could hear the crazy mage announce that it will be a terrible time. >

Redika's hand became covered in a red-colored mana. This punk was unique, in that people could see the color of his mana, even though he was a mage.

He then swung his hand and announced as he had in the novel.

< "Should be fun." >

"Should be fun."

A chilling voice that sounded like metal screeching against one another filled the plaza. Then, the red mana shot out to different spots in the plaza.

That moment was exactly 9:01 am.

Oooooooooong- A vibration started from underneath the Bell Tower.

Beeeeeeep-
Beeeeeeeep-
Magic devices started to go off in multiple locations.

The red mana that was flying toward the detonation devices inside the magic bombs suddenly lost strength and started to spin aimlessly in position.

It was the result of the mana disturbance. Then, it happened inside the plaza as well.

Beeeeeeeep- Four spots started to ring in the plaza.

"Found it." Cale's quiet voice was drowned out by the alarm of the magic devices.

Someone within the area of those four alarms would have the magic bomb on them. As Cale expected, the magic bombs had an alarm to sound that there was an error.

Cale could see Beacrox, Choi Han, Rosalyn, and Lock heading toward the four locations.

10 minutes. Even if they could not manage to dismantle the bombs in 10 minutes, they had plenty of time to move the bombs to the mountain in the rear to make it go off without hurting anyone. It was possible because of Rosalyn and Raon.

– Found one, Human.

Cale started to smile after hearing the invisible Black Dragon's report.

The 10 minutes had just started.