30

Taehyung waited anxiously, twisting the rings on his fingers and shifting from one foot to the other. He would be here any minute, and Taehyung wasn't sure how he was going to react when he saw him.

When he did arrive, in casual black attire and a small smile, Taehyung felt an emotional lump form in his throat.

"Taehyung."

"Jungkook."

A beat of silence passed before Taehyung lunged forward and hugged him tightly, and Jungkook dropped his head to hide his tears in Taehyung's neck. Two friends, who hadn't seen each other in so long, who had been separated by light and dark, were finally holding each other again.

For a couple minutes, they could ignore their different paths.

For a couple minutes, they could be the little boys who used to run around in the backyard together.

***

It was raining outside, the thunder rumbling as the droplets ran down the windows. It was a comfy atmosphere, one in which Maria was glad to be able to spend with Jimin as they cuddled underneath a blanket on the couch.

"Do you think fate brought us together?" she asks quietly.

Jimin hums, cupping her thigh and hooking her leg over his waist. "Let's see. A pretty kitten who was locked in a cage and a criminal. Fate, destiny, whatever it's called, I think we were meant to be."

Maria smiles, sitting up and straddling his lap. "Are we gonna do it again?"

"Do what, my love?" he chuckles, squeezing her hips.

"Kill."

Jimin's eyebrow raises, and a crazy smile creeps onto his lips. "The world is ours, kitten. We can do whatever we want."

Feelings that couldn't be explained by words were exchanged with kisses, and they held each other tightly as their bodies moved together under the rain.

"I love you," he murmurs, a simple string of words that fell into her ears and caused her heart to somersault.

"I love you," she whispers back, a promise that he was the only one that held her heart.

They laid together, legs tangled and hearts full of love. It was exciting, Maria thought, to live this lifestyle with a man like Jimin. To defy the laws of morality and do what the dark secrets in her mind had always whispered.

For once, Maria felt like everything would be okay from now on. She would be safe with Jimin, as he guided her down further into the rabbit hole of sanity.

Because, after all, everyone else except them was insane, right?

The End

a big thank you to all of you who have read my book. so much love for you all <3

this story was actually something i just wrote for fun, and i had no intentions of publishing it. but halloween came around and i thought "oh, what the hell," and went ahead and published the book on wattpad.

i appreciate every read, comment and vote. thank you for giving myself and my writing a chance.

i'm hoping to publish another book in the future, so look forward to that ;)

stay safe, stay healthy, and remember that i'm here supporting and loving you in every way.

thank you from the bottom of my heart,
samantha <3