15 • Ambitious Tendencies

"What the hell is this?" Inori's lips twitched in irritation. Her arms were crossed across her chest to hide the exposed cleavage. Now she understood why Shinobu gave her the matches and oil. Luckily, Muichiro had enough decency to look the other way, unlike the kakushi in front of her.

"It's the standard uniform for girls." Inori failed to see how an off-shoulder, sleeveless, and extremely short dress that barely covered her bottom was convenient for fighting. "All small girls wear it like that."

"Oh, really?" Irk marks popped all over her forehead. Inori was certainly not as busty as Mitsuri or Shinobu, but she was still eleven going twelve, so it was insulting and downright creepy to be compared by an adult. "That's weird because Shinobu-san does not wear a uniform like this."

"It's...it's the newest standard—"

"And why is Muichiro wearing a uniform for girls when he's a boy?" Said boy was currently looking down at his given uniform, looking as if he was questioning his life decisions. Inori would never say it out loud, but she thought he looked cute in the short and sleeveless yukata-style dress.

"Change our uniforms." Muichiro lifted his head to glare at Maeda who was quivering in shock and fear. "And make it quick, you're wasting our time."

Muichiro did get the uniform that he wanted, but Maeda still insisted that Inori's uniform was correct. "It's the newest standard for girls." He had repeated it over and over again.

Inori, having had enough of it, turned to Muichiro. "Muichiro, switch uniforms with me."

"I'm not wearing that."

She smiled in response, sweet and venomous. "You don't have to."

Muichiro looked at her skeptically, but nevertheless surrendered his uniform to her. He immediately doused Inori's uniform in oil as soon as she entered the changing room.

Inori hummed as she twirled in front of the mirror. Muichiro was slightly bigger than her, so the uniform was baggy. The kimono sleeve of her outer uniform dangled over her hands. She didn't like how it showed her bare arms every time she lifted it, so she changed her inner shirt into a long-sleeved one.

Inori left the changing room humming in satisfaction, the dark uniform made a huge contrast against her silver-rainbow hair, and she loved it. She decided to forgo the kyahan, letting the hakama pants flare out like a skirt around her ankles.

When she stepped outside, Muichiro was wearing his cyan yukata and navy hakama, glaring at Inori's uniform which was burning gloriously in front of him. He even threw his first uniform into the fire.

Inori quickly made her way to him, smiling sweetly at the trembling kakushi. "Maeda-san," she called out so sweetly that Shinobu would be proud. "It appears like you have given Muichiro the wrong uniform, kindly stop wasting our time and change it."

They both left with matching uniforms.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Oyakata-sama, may I make a brazen request?"

Kagaya looked at the girl sitting in front of him, noticing how the air around her seemed to have changed ever so slightly. Smiling, he answered, "Shall we hear what it is first?"

"I'd like to hunt a demon moon for my first mission." Well, that certainly wasn't something he heard every day, especially from someone who had just passed the Final Selection. But Inori wasn't smiling. Her lips were pursed into a thin line, and she had never looked more solemn.

"The position as a pillar befits you, my child." Because he knew that was where Inori would end up sooner or later. "But may I ask why the rush?"

"I want to see how good of a bait I can be," answered the newly assigned demon slayer. "Muzan sent Lower Moon Six after me the second I escaped the Infinity Castle, so I want to test just how big the target on my back is."