44

So just to remind y'all, if you want to ask any questions, your are free to post them on my feed or pm me and I'll answer to the best of my abilities. I won't spoil anything so remember that. Enjoy.

Triple update.

44

"Vittore I'm fine," I grumbled to the hovering Italian as I pushed myself off the side of the hospital bed.

Mr. big bad and scary had carried me all the way to the hotel's infirmary. I don't exactly know how he managed to get me a doctor but with the fear radiating off the people who came towards us, I suspected it wasn't of peaceful means.

Vittore grumbled in protest under his breath as I stood up on my two feet and when he reached out to put me back on the bed, wouldn't be the first time, I slapped his arms away.

"For fuck's sake they said I was fine. Just a minor head injury and some minimal blood loss. That's it," I argued. Yeah minimal blood loss was a lot for me. I was thinking of the pills that were now at the penthouse that I desperately needed to take.

Vittore rolled his eyes and I decided to change the subject before things got messy.

"What does it mean? The Raven," I asked.

"The Ravens are a small mafia that's been operating for a few years now. It's mostly still in the recruiting stage," Vittore told me and I nodded walking out of the infirmary, people sure to avoid my path.

"If it's still in the recruiting stage, how are they this sneaky. They convinced Sante to attack and they killed Lesedi," I sighed. He was going to give me the information I needed too.

"Their Don doesn't show his face much but I've seen him once or twice," Vittore said as we got closer and closer to the hotel room where Alexa and Maddox were waiting.

"Good so we just find him, kill him and bam! Case closed," I said, rubbing my hands together.

"Its not that simple," Vittore reminded me and I rolled my eyes. "The Raven's Don is always hidden. No one really knows where he is unless he wants to be found."

"So we get to Sante right? That's what I'm hearing," I said as Vittore opened the apartment door for me and I walked inside.

"Yeah and I have a plan."

"Dalia!" My eyes widened as Lily came towards me for a hug but I stepped back and right into Vittore's chest. His hands landed on my shoulders to steady me as I held a hand out to the peppy blonde.

"Injured bitch over here," I said pointing to the bandage on my head and the one around my hand where the fucker stabbed me.

"Oh... right. Sorry," Lily mumbled with a blush and stepped back.

"Where have you been anyway?" I asked because I was sure she was supposed to be here with us when we were getting information from Lesedi.

"I told her to distract Lesedi's guard," Vittore said and that's when I was aware how close we were. His breath fanned against me when he talked and I could feel the rumble in his chest at every word. I quickly stepped to the side but made the move as inconspicuous as possible.

"How'd that go?" I asked her settling down on one of the couches. I honestly wanted to rip off the caddy girl uniform I was still in.

"He's dead so..." Lily murmured and settled next to me. Alexa was on the balcony, talking lowly on the phone so none of us caught the words she was saying and Maddox was missing.

"Where's Maddox?" I asked.

"Cleaning up the body," Vittore said and pulled his phone out of his pocket, scrolling through something, his dark eyes glaring at the screen. Wait... not glaring. Squinting. Huh.