chapter 14

Evangeline ran through platform 9 ¾ with Draco and Sirius in his animagi form. The mother and son pair loaded Draco's things in the train and were on the platform, saying goodbye.

'Write to me every day, alright?' Evangeline asked her son and Draco nodded. 'And don't be a stranger to your new friends, especially the girls,' she instructed the teenage boy.

'Don't worry, mum, I'll be alright,' Draco told Evangeline.

Evangeline hugged her boy with tears in her eyes. 'I love you, my little star,' Evangeline muffled.

'And I love you, too, mum,' Draco said, and Sirius barked in jealousy. Draco kneeled and pet Snuffles. 'I'll miss you, Snuffles. Don't cause anyone too much trouble, alright?' he asked and Snuffles barked happily. Draco stood up and hugged his mother one last time.

'Don't be afraid to show people who you really are?' Evangeline advised her son.

'But what if they don't accept me for who I am?' Draco sighed.

'It's their loss and they're bloody idiots,' Evangeline encouraged the blonde boy. 'You're Draco Black, you're your father's son and your uncle's nephew. You can do whatever you set your mind to.'

After Draco embarked on Hogwarts Express, Remus walked up to Evangeline and Sirius.

'He's going to be alright, he's your son after all,' Remus assured Evangeline.

'I just wish he'd be less embarrassed by who he is,' Evangeline said.

As the two were discussing, a couple of purebloods walked up to them.

'Well well well, look what the cat dragged in,' Theodore Nott Snr told Evangeline.

'Nott,' Evangeline said, turning around to face the man.

'Black,' Theodore said, smirking. 'Still as beautiful as ever, I see,' he commented.

'Still as much of an ass-kisser as ever, Nott,' Evangeline said.

'Some things never change,' he affirmed. 'I see that since your family's passing, you've been affiliating yourself with blood-traitors,' Nott said, looking at Remus.

'Oh, Nott, always so charming, calling people names and stuff,' Evangeline told the man, keeping her calm.

'Such a shame a beauty like yours is being wasted on pathetic little blood-traitors,' Theodore Nott Snr said. 'And also, what were you doing with the little Malfoy heir?' the man asked sneakily.

'Oh, you mean the Black heir, my son?' Evangeline gasped. 'Oh, didn't your best friend, Lucius, tell you? I thought he told you everything! Guess you're not as good besties as you thought,' Evangeline let her inner Black lashing out, acting as a carbon copy of an insane Bellatrix Lestrange.

'Draco Malfoy? Your son?' he asked, truly shocked. 'But I thought that your baby died. You buried it; I was there.'

'Correction, Draco Black, mine and Regulus' son, is still alive,' the blonde woman smirked.

'I knew you were a cruel woman, but this is beyond your level of expertise,' Nott said.

At that moment, Evangeline saw all black. 'And what does that mean, Nott?'

'We all know that you tied the knot with Reggie just to make an heir and get everything, now, didn't you?' Nott asked.

'You think that low of me, Theo?' Evangeline asked. 'Just remember, I went out of hiding to come to Clarissa's funeral, to be there for you and your son. I'm your son's godmother because that's what Regulus and Clarissa would have wanted. Now, Theo, don't come at me and tell me that I made Draco just for the sake of money and fortune because we both know that the situation was very different,' Eva called him out. 'Now, for the sake of both our sons, let's forget this episode ever happened because I don't want to be your enemy, Theo, and you surely don't want to be mine.