31 • Haunted Hinamatsuri

"Iguro-san, Mitsuri-san is a pillar, I'm sure she can go shopping and deal with any troubles on her own." Inori didn't know why Obanai came knocking at her door so early in the morning just to tell her she has to accompany Mitsuri on her shopping trip.

"Aren't you curious? You've never gone shopping in town before, right?" Obanai prompted. He really wanted to accompany the Love Pillar, but he had an impromptu mission to go to. He wanted to ask Shinobu, but figured Inori would be more likely to agree to his request. Besides, Mitsuri adored the Star Pillar like a younger sister, so that's a bonus for him.

Inori hummed, placing her index finger on her chin. "Well, I am having some time off, so it should be fine, and I do want to play around in town once in a while." She grinned, much to Obanai's internal relief. "Besides, it's been a while since I hung out with Mitsuri-san."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Inori tried to balance the bags looped around her arms, keeping up with an eager Mitsuri. The Love Pillar was so excited at the prospect of hanging out with her 'younger sister' that she went on a full-blown shopping spree to buy Inori whatever she thought suited the Star Pillar, from jewelry to clothes to food.

"Inori-chan, do you want to visit my family with me?" Mitsuri turned around, grabbing both of Inori's hands as she hopped excitedly. "Let's go visit my family. You have a day off, right? Let's go." Her beam when Inori nodded was enough to blind the normal person, and Inori believe she really should invest in some black-tinted glasses when hanging around her fellow pillars.

"Mitsuri-san, are you sure?" Inori suddenly has cold feet, her mind coming up with various negative scenarios about the Kanroji family. "Is it fine for me to intrude?"

"Oh, you're not intruding on anything." Mitsuri waved her worries off, pushing the doors open. Inori guessed that the Kanroji family must've been quite wealthy to own such a huge estate. "My family loves guests so Inori-chan doesn't have to worry about anything."

"Mitsuri nee-san!" A boy around Inori's age greeted them with a smile, engulfing Mitsuri in a hug. He broke the hug, finally noticing Inori who was standing stiffly behind the gates. "Are you Nee-san's friends from the Demon Slaying Corps? I'm her little brother. You should come in, come in."

"Inori-chan, come in." Mitsuri took one of Inori's hands, pulling her inside. "Let's meet my parents and my other siblings. You know, I have four of them. They're all so cute. I'm sure Inori-chan will love them too."

The Kanroji family was, in short, similar to Mitsuri herself. While they didn't share the Love Pillar's extreme adoration for everything, they were kind people. And Inori swore she would protect these people with her life if she had to.

"Hmm...so Mitsuri-san is looking for a...husband?" Inori tilted her head to the side, wondering where in the Demon Slaying Corps a husband could be found. "Why?"

"Because girls like strong boys, don't they?" Mitsuri squealed, much to Inori's confusion. "Inori-chan, you understand, don't you? Girls like someone who's stronger than them. Someone who can protect her. Someone who can love her for being her. Girls like romantic boys like that, you know?"

"Oh, like my brothers!"

"Yes, precisely! But I want to find someone I can marry and spend the rest of my life with." Mitsuri flushed red, holding her warm cheeks. "The pillars are the strongest, but you can't just meet the pillars whenever you want, so I have to become a pillar myself. I worked really hard for that, so I'm glad it all pays off."

The pillars of the Demon Slaying Corps, men and not, were strong. None of them sneered at her for being strong, and that was why Mitsuri loved the Demon Slaying Corps so much. She just hoped she would be able to find the romantic love of her dreams, a man to marry and spend the rest of her life with happily.