chapter 55

Song: I Hear A Symphony By Cody Fry [Cover by Advanced on Youtube]

AHH 28K VIEWS! SO FREAKING CRAZY! Thank you to everybody who votes and comments, and all the kind words about my story. It means a lot. In the meantime, enjoy this cheesy song and happy chapter lol ;)

...

"I'd say Hawks and Midnight."

You stare at him incredulously, "Did you say Midnight because I'm purple? I understand why Hawks. But Midnight? Really?"

Todoroki merely shrugs, connecting another red string to his ongoing board of mysteries. At this moment, he was trying to decide whose secret love child you were. "I don't know anybody else who glows purple."

"That's because I'm special like that. The suit is not even the right shade of purple. Midnight's power and appearance are nowhere similar to mine. I see why Deku prohibits you from making these secret love child accusations. They're awful." He dared to look baffled, staring up at the board in confusion. He thought he had nailed that one. But then, he sees the problem. Todoroki nods to himself, switching out Midnight's picture with one of Aizawa, making you groan. "Really? My dad? Why?"

"Your eyes glow when you use your powers. Even your hair floats when you want it to."

"Alright, that one makes more sense. Wow, don't you love being Aizawa's and Hawk's secret love kid?"

"I don't think your father will be pleased with having been paired up with the birdbrain," Touya states, leaning on the entryway of the room. He shuffles forward, collapsing on one of the free mats in Todoroki's room, glancing around at the decorations. It was so traditional, and it resembled the Todoroki household, making Touya shiver in disgust. But this was him making an effort to at least bond with his younger brother, even if he wasn't exactly willing to talk. Todoroki, on the other hand, looked at you with wide eyes, silently screaming at you.

You merely shrug at him, letting him control the conversation. God, these two were a mess. They always ended up tiptoeing around each other and only interacted if you were in the room with them. That is why Touya was even here to begin. "Talking about Hawks, have you seen him?"

"Nah. Hawks been laying low at his agency ever since they released him."

"But you talk to him like every day, no? Still doing that mission together, right?"

"Something like that. Best Jeanist and a couple of other heroes have been patrolling Hawks' usual area. Society isn't ready to have him back just yet."

"Endeavor voted against Hawks returning." Todoroki pipes in, a bit clueless in this situation. You shoot him a look, letting him know not to mention him. He must have seen the warning in your eyes as he tried to quickly diffuse the situation, "Present Mic wants to take you on as an intern/work-study."

With Touya helping in and supporting the teachers during their classes, the loud hero had taken an interest in him. Present Mic claimed he saw potential in Touya and wanted to take him in and show him the ropes. Sure, he'd been a villain not even a few months ago, but this internship would allow Touya to work on getting his education and some experience. Along with that, this would demonstrate how misunderstood villains were. Did Touya feel the same way? Not really. He appreciated the effort from Present Mic, but becoming a hero was never on his plan. He held no desire to become one.

He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, twisting the rings on his fingers as he glanced lazily at the boy. "I heard. I'm not interested."

"Why not? It would help you be on good terms with the Commission. They won't have a reason to threaten you anymore because of your status." Todoroki tried to explain calmly, but he missed the brewing tension on Touya's shoulder.