63 • Rat Hunting

"Gyutaro is dead," Muzan announced, dripping a few drops of liquid into the testing tube. "The upper moons have waned."

"Oh, is that so?" Douma beamed despite the situation. "Well, I'm very sorry about that. I was the one who introduced Gyutaro here and all. How can I apologize? Should I give you my eye? It's colorful like a rainbow. I heard that you've been looking for a rainbow recently."

"I don't need your eyeballs." Muzan didn't even bother concealing the displeasure in his tone. "I figured Gyutaro would lose. As I expected, Daki was holding him back. He would've won if he had been the one fighting to begin with. He could've just poisoned them all until they couldn't fight back." The glass beaker in his hand shattered into pieces with his grip. "Well, it doesn't matter. He was worthless for having too much humanity in him."

He jotted down what he had found in his little experiment, though it wasn't anything useful considering his goals had yet to be reached.

"But that's fine too. I'm not expecting anything out of any of you either."

"Oh, you're talking about sad things again." Douma laughed, placing his hand over his chest. "Has there ever been a time when I've failed to live up to your expectations?"

"The Ubuyashiki family has yet to be destroyed," Muzan stated, ripping the notebook and shattering more testing tubes in his anger. "And what of the Blue Spider Lily? I have ordered you to capture that girl for many years now, yet where are the results? I don't really know why you even exist anymore."

"I have no excuses," Kokushibo said slowly, but his voice was stern and monotonous. "Ubuyashiki has cleverly hidden himself. As for the girl..." Kokushibo really didn't have any excuses. Because while he could understand the Ubuyashiki family being hidden, he didn't know how he never managed to catch one active demon slayer. "The traps I've laid have yet to be stepped on."

"Well, I'm not really good at detective work myself. What can I say?" Douma pouted, smiling gleefully despite the situation. "The rainbow you're searching for is very hard to catch."

"Muzan-sama! I am different from them!" Gyokko declared. "I have some information that can get you one step closer to achieving your dreams. Just a moment ago, I—"

"The one thing I hate is change." Muzan held Gyokko's head as if it was a normal occurrence. "Changes in circumstances. Changes in body. Changes in emotions. In most cases, 'change' causes degradation. It declines what was originally perfect," he said as Gyokko's blood slipped past the gaps in his fingers.

"The one thing I like is permanence. If something doesn't change for eternity, it's in a perfect state." Muzan glared at the head in his hand. "I am at the height of my displeasure because it's been a hundred and thirteen years since an upper moon was killed. Don't get all excited and give me information if you haven't even confirmed it yet."

He dropped the head without a single care. "From now on, you should serve me with more suicidal dedication," he told them. "I seem to have spoiled you too much due to the mere fact that you're all upper moons." He gritted his teeth, but ultimately calmed down. "Gyokko, if you can confirm your information, head over there with Hantengu."

"Eek!" Hantengu squeaked, bowing lower as if he was trying to become one with the floor. "As you wish."

"Kokushibo," he addressed his strongest soldier. "I want that girl brought to me soon. The demon slayer pillars are already mobilized to chase after the tail you've shown. Kill all the demon slayers and bring the girl alive. Failure is not an option."

"Orders...received."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙