Chapter 1

12 years later

Bunnymund's POV

An Aurora Borealis lit up the sky. I knew what that meant, all the guardians did. I just really wish he hadn't called a meeting so close to Easter. He wouldn't do that if it was near Christmas time.

I grumbled as I stopped what I was doing and opened up a tunnel. Hopping into it, it didn't take long for me to reach the North Pole.

As soon as the breeze hit me I shivered. Even with a ton of fur it was freezing. I jumped around a little, hugging myself.

"Ugh! It's freezing! Can't feel my feet, can't feel my feet!" With a short yell I ran towards the workshop trying to get in as fast as I could.

North offered some treats and I sighed. "This better be good North."

I ignored Tooth's mumbling to her little fairies. It was directions and coordinates. Teeth to be collected.

North looked at Sandy, "Sandy! Thank you for coming!" Jolly as always. Sandy created some symbols above his head.

"I know, I know, but I obviously wouldn't have called you all here unless it was serious! The boogeyman was here! At the Pole!"

I was so shocked I almost dropped my egg. I wasn't the only one surprised.

"Pitch? Pitch Black here?" Tooth said.

North gestured towards the globe, "Yes! There was black sand covering the globe!"

I chimed in with a slight stutter, "W-w-what, whadda' ya' mean black sand?"

"And then there was a shadow!"

I stopped painting the egg for a second to look up at North. "Hold on, hold on- I thought you said you saw Pitch!" A shadow was all he saw? He's pulling this crap right before Easter as if I have the time to worry about a shadow. It could've been his own for all I know.

"Er, not exactly." North sheepishly says.

"Not exactly?" I look down at Sandy, "Can you believe this guy!"

He responds with a question mark above his head. "Yeah, you said it Sandy." I return back to painting my egg.

North sighs. "Look, I can feel he's up to something very bad! I feel it... In my belly!" His hands pat his stomach.

I put the egg away and looked at him. Is he serious right now?

"Hang on, hang on, you mean to say, you summoned me here 3 days before Easter, because of your belly?! Mate, if I did this to you 3 days before Christmas-" He cuts me off from my rant with a merry smile.

"Please, Bunny, Easter is not Christmas!" He chuckles along with his words.

I give a wry laugh tossing my head back for extra effect. "Here we go... North, I- I don't have time for this! I still have 2 billion eggs to finish up!"

North shrugs, "No matter how much you paint, it is still egg."

I can feel the frustration building up. "Look mate! I'm dealing with perishables! Right, you've got all year to prepare! I do not!"

Tooth is starting to launch off coordinates again to her little fairies.

"Why are rabbits always so nervous?" North takes a step towards me gesturing with his hands.

"Is that all in one house," Tooth comments in astonishment.

Ignoring her I say back, "And why are you always such a blowhard?"