Chapter 6

Bunnymunds POV

"There aren't any eggs..."

"There's nothing here. I give up, come on."

"Let's go. He didn't come."

"I don't understand."

Kids began complaining as they were disheartened by the lack of eggs hidden.

A girl spoke up. "Maybe he just hid them really well this year."

"Kids, wait-- " I ran up between the last two kids with a basket.

"I checked everywhere. There's nothing."

I began to panic. "Yes there is! There is! I mean these aren't my best-lookin' googies, but they'll do in a pinch!" He holds them out to the two kids.

"I can't believe it--"

"I- I know," Bunny chuckles ruefully.

"There's no such thing as the Easter Bunny."

Bunny's whole face falls. "What? No!"

The boy sighs, kicking a rock. "Easter's over"

"Wrong! Not- not true! I'm- I'm right in front of ya', mate!" The boy passes through Bunny, and he starts gasping in despair. "They don't see me... They don't see me..." He crumples over, crying softly.

Jack appears on the scene, visibly concerned, and watches as Tooth approaches Bunny.

North sees him. "Jack! Where were you? The Nightmares attacked the tunnels, they smashed every egg, crushed every basket - nothing made it to the surface!"

Tooth flits over, "Jack!" She notices the tooth box and gasps. "Where did you get that?"

He looks down not realizing he still held it. "I was- It's, uh,"

"Where's Baby Tooth?" She gasps again, more horrified, "Oh Jack, what have you done?" She covers her mouth as tears shimmer in her eyes.

"That is why you weren't here? You were with Pitch?" North asks angrily.

"No, listen! Listen!" He sighs, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean for this to happen!"

"He has to go."

Jack turns to face Bunny, "What?"

"We should never have trusted you!" Bunny looks heartbroken, betrayed, and shakes his head. "Easter is... new beginnings, new life. Easter's about Hope. And now it's gone." He turns and shuffles away, just out of sight.

Jack turns around, but North and Tooth turn away from him. Jack pulls out the wooden baby from North's nesting doll and drops it in the grass.

Y/n's POV

I tell mom I'll just walk home in a little bit. She takes Sophie and Jack and walks away. All these kids were losing hope but there was nothing I could do. It's not like I had proof the Easter Bunny was real. They wouldn't believe just my words.

With a sigh, Y/n walks through the park looking at the discarded baskets and Easter decorations. She keeps an eye out for any eggs, just in case.

As she walks, a small breeze picks up. Y/n hears a shout and stops. Who else was here? She walks towards where the sound came from and sees Bunny kick a tree and crouch down. He hadn't seen her yet as he was turned away from her.

Her eyes widened the slightest bit. If he was here, then why were there no eggs? She pushed away from the tree she had briefly leaned against and walked towards him. His ears perked up meaning he heard her.