Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

Jamie and I sat together on his bed. He talked to his stuffed rabbit.

"Okay, look, you and I are obviously at what they call a crossroads. So, here's what's gonna happen," I see Jack appear outside of Jamie's window. My brows furrow.

"If- if it wasn't a dream, and if you are real, then you have to prove it. Like, right now." Jack crouches and just listens. "I believed in you for a long time, okay? Like, my whole life in fact. So you kind of owe me now. You don't have to do much - just a little sign so I know. Anything. Anything at all." Nothing happens, so his expressions falls.

"I knew it." He drops the rabbit off the bed.

My eyes widened and I scramble for words. "Jamie, you can't just stop believing now! You've always believed. I'm not gonna stop believing so why should you?"

He sighs, "Just drop it Y/n"

I look at Jack with a pleading face. He looks sad and enters through the window. Jamie hears something and turns to the window. Frost appears on a lower windowpane, then a design is drawn out using an invisible finger (well invisible to him anyway) an egg with dots and squiggles decorating it. Jamie gasps in shock as he realizes what it is, looking down at his rabbit, then back to the window. In the next windowpane up, more frost appears.

He looks at me and I nod.

"He's real..."

The new design is in the shape of a crouched rabbit. Jack concentrates on the shape he's made and pulls the frost off the glass - into a 3D rabbit that hops around Jamie's room. I gasp in shock and smile.

"Woah! Hahaha!" Jamie bounces on the bed and laughs some more. Jack watches and laughs along. Jamie touches the rabbit and it bursts into snow inside of his room. "Woah! Snow?" I watch a snowflake land on Jamie's nose.

He comes to the same realization I did a few days ago. "Jack Frost"

Jack spins to face Jamie's back, "Did he just say--"

Jamie stands back up on his bed "Jack Frost?" He starts looking around his room. I just wait for him to find Jack.

Jack gasps, "He said it again! He said-- You said--"

Jamie's mouth is agape while looking right at Jack. "Jack Frost!"

Jack jumps around in glee. "That's right! But- but that's me! Jack Frost! That's my name! You said my name!" Jamie is still gaping at him. "Wait, c- can you hear me?" Jamie nods. "Can- can you... can you see me?" Jack laughs in shock. He sees me! He- he sees me!" He does a back-flip in joy onto Jamie's table.

"You just made it snow!" Jamie says in belief.

"I know!"

"In my room!" Jamie clarifies. I shake my head at their antics.

"I know!" He bounds off the bed and back near the window.

Jamie asks, "You're real?"

"Yeah, man- Who do you think brings you all the blizzards, and- and the snow days? And you remember when you went flying on that sled the other day?"

"That was you?!" We both ask but me more in an angry manner. I just didn't like Jamie getting hurt.

"That was me!!" He doesn't seem to register I can see him.

"Cool!" He starts bouncing on the bed as he speaks. He looks at me in confusion. "Wait, you can see him too Y/n?"

I just nod. Jack looks at me. "I have for a few days now."