Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

The Sandman rises up on his cloud of sand to control everything, bringing back beautiful dreams to children. The Tooth Fairies can fly again, so they each dash over to touch a tooth-box.

How Sophie got here, I don't know but it's nice to see the two-year-old smiling and laughing. "Pretty!" She's watching Tooth.

Cupcake touches a Nightmare and it becomes her Unicorn dream again, cantering around the hill. Then gigantic dinosaurs walk through the town, manta rays and dolphins 'swimming' alongside them, plus schools of fish.

Jamie's about to touch them when Jack throws a snowball at his back. Jamie laughs and picks up a snowball to fire back. He hits Monty, and the kids start having another free-for all. Sandman descends to the ground as North approaches Jack. They seem to be having a serious conversation but I don't think much of it.

I go to walk towards Jamie when a snowball hits me in the back of the head. I turn holding my head and see Bunny tossing another snowball up and catching it. He smiles as our eyes connect.

I huff out a laugh and quickly make a snowball. "You're so on Cottontail!"

I throw it at him as he throws his at me. It breaks onto my shoulder and I laugh as he wipes his face off.

I look over in time to see North look stunned as he was hit by a snowball. Caleb and Claude both point and blame an elf.

"Haha! You're all on Naughty List! Bunny! Think fast!" He pelts Bunny in the face, which actually makes Bunny smile when he sits up. I offer him a hand up and he pulls me into the snow beside him. A faceful of snow is not that fun but I still laugh as I sit up.

The snowball fight continues as Pitch stands up.

"No... " He ducks from a Dream-sand Manta-ray. "You dare have fun in my presence?! I am the Boogeyman! And you will fear me!" Jamie runs right through him. "No! Oh... No..."

The Guardians look on as Pitch becomes horrified, then bolts for the forest.

"Then is time you take Oath: Will you, Jack Frost, vow to watch over the children of the world?" The children and I approach on the lake. "To guard them with your life - their hopes, their wishes, and their dreams, for they are all that we have, all that we are, and all that we will ever be."

Jack looks back to Jamie, who nods at him. I smile and ruffle Jamie's hair.

"I will."

"Then, congratulations, Jack Frost - for you are now, and forevermore, a Guardian!" Everyone else cheers, while North picks Jack up. "Klassno!" He kisses each of Jack's cheeks, then sets him back down.

I giggle as an elf mimics North by kissing the grumpy trumpet-elf on the cheek, but the 2nd elf punches the 1st. That was unexpected.

Tooth tells her little fairy helpers, "Keep it together, girls."

The kids cheer, we all notice North's sleigh and reindeer approaching.

Caleb is the first to speak. "You guys, look! Santa's sleigh."

Pippa asks in disbelief. "Did you guys see that?"

Bunny chuckles. "Everyone loves the sleigh."

Sandman tosses sand-fireworks into the air.

Bunny kneels down to Sophies height. She's next to me surround by little eggs. "Happy Easter, ya little anklebiter. Gonna miss ya."

Sophie giggles, "Bye bye, Bunny."

He stands up and I smile at him.

Jamie walks up to Jack. "You're leaving? But what if Pitch comes back? What if we stop believing again? If I can't see you--"

"Hey, hey." He crouches down. "Slow down, slow down. Y-you telling me that you stop believing in the moon when the sun comes up?"

Jamie shakes his head no.

"Okay, well do you stop believing in the sun when clouds block it out?"

He giggles at this. "No."

"We'll always be there, Jamie. And now, we'll always be here -" he touches Jamie's chest" - which kinda makes you a Guardian, too." He stands up and walks away.

Jamie calls out Jack's name. He runs up and gives Jack a hug, stunning Jack, but Jack returns the hug.

Before Bunny walks away I grab his paw and pull him into a hug. He stiffens before returning it.

Still in the hug I say, "Y'know, Sophie speaks very highly of The Warren. I wouldn't mind checking it out one day." I look up at him as I say the last part. He chuckles and squeezes me lightly before letting go. Neither of us step back.

"I'll keep that in mind." He has a small smile on his face and his eyes gleam with happiness.

Jamie is now with the rest of the kids and Jack and Bunny are the last ones to get on the sleigh. I give Bunny a kiss on the cheek.

"See you later." I walk over to Sophie and pick up the sleepy toddler and stand next to Jamie.

Bunnymund's POV

I kneel to Sophie's height. She's surrounded by little googies and next to her sister. "Happy Easter, ya little anklebiter. Gonna miss ya."

Sophie giggles, "Bye bye, Bunny."

I stand up making eye contact with Y/n. Sophie runs off to the other kids. She has a smile on her face. Jack and Jamie talk behind me.

"You're leaving? But what if Pitch comes back? What if we stop believing again? If I can't see you--"

"Hey, hey. Slow down, slow down. Y-you telling me that you stop believing in the moon when the sun comes up?"

Jamie shakes his head no.

"Okay, well do you stop believing in the sun when clouds block it out?"

He giggles at this. "No."

"We'll always be there, Jamie. And now, we'll always be here -" he touches Jamie's chest" - which kinda makes you a Guardian, too." He stands up and walks away.

Jamie calls out Jack's name.

I go to walk away but feel a grip on my paw and then something squeezing my waist. I stiffen up but relax quickly as it's just Y/n hugging me. Oh, she's hugging me. I wrap my arms around her shoulders.

"Y'know, Sophie speaks very highly of The Warren. I wouldn't mind checking it out one day." She looks up at me as she says the last part. Her E/c eyes hold some hope in them. I chuckle at her boldness and squeeze her lightly before letting go. Neither of us step back.

"I'll keep that in mind." She perks up at my response. She reaches up and kisses my cheek.

"See you later." She walks over to Sophie and picks up the sleepy toddler before standing next to Jamie.

I grin before hopping onto the sleigh.

All of the Guardians are on the sleigh when Jack hops on.

"Hyah!" The sleigh takes off as the kids wave goodbye. I look back at Y/n waving. I think I will see her again. If North has Kris (Mrs Claus) then maybe there's hope for Y/n and I. And who am I without Hope?

THE END

SEQUEL?