CH. 12

hi icy gang. y'all were wilding last chapter. 😂

A couple days had passed, Lei had been indulged in many activities to keep her mind off of the situation with Raj. For those past couple of days, confused isn't even the word to describe what Lei had been feeling. Someone that she hang out with on a daily basis, had her mind gone.

Thinking back to what Isidro said, had her wondering if Raj really was only hanging with her because she remind him of Xahir. It made her feel some type of way, given the fact that he swore it was a promise he made to her brother.

It caused her to start avoiding him for the past couple of days. He had been calling and texting her, but she never responded back. She knew he would show up to the house, so she avoided being home just so she wouldn't have to face him. She knew she was overreacting, but deep down she felt as if they needed time apart.

Her feelings for him were growing too strong, and the last thing she needed was one sided expectations. Her friends had been encouraging her to talk to him.

However, if she decided to talk to him, she knew that she would end having to confront her feelings for him in the process, and she wasn't sure if she was quite ready to do that yet.

It was currently Wednesday and Lei was studying for her midterms that were approaching. Later on she would be attending a grand opening party hosted by Arielle, Siraj's older sister. She recently bought a new restaurant and wanted to celebrate her accomplishment.

Lei simply wanted to show her support by going, even if it meant running into Raj while she was there. She didn't want to miss the event, especially when Arielle had supported and shown love at her most special moments.

Lei yawned as she closed her textbook, stacking it on top of the others she had sitting on her desk. She rubbed her eyes as she rolled her chair back just a little and got up, wanting to grab a light snack from the kitchen.

She walked out of her room, and headed down the stairs. When she got to the bottom, she peeked into the living room, seeing that her friends were also engrossed in their studies, the TV playing on low volume as a background noise.

Not wanting to disturb them, she walked into the kitchen, over to the pantry door. Flicking the light on, she walked into the ten squared feet space, her eyes roaming over the different goodies to choose from.

"Soleil, is that you in the kitchen?!" she heard Keia shout from the living room, slightly startling her.

"Yea!" she shouted back.

"Can you bring me some string cheese, please?" Keia requested. Lei settled for bag of cheez•it, and walked out, shutting the door behind her. She turned the light off and went over to the fridge, she reached inside and reached into the opened bag of string cheese and pulled one out.

She walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, passing the string cheese over to Keia, who thanked her. Lei sat down on the couch, opening her snack as she began to stare out of the window.

She found herself doing that lately, finding it quite humorous that, Ms. Jean was rubbing off on her. She popped a few cheez-it in her mouth, watching as some of the neighborhood kids walked in a small group, heading towards their houses for the day after getting off of the school bus.

The kids glanced behind them, a few cooing and running in the opposite direction they'd just come from. Lei raised an eyebrow and leaned back, to see what had caught their attention.

She immediately got up and jogged towards the front door, stepping outside. She closed the door behind her and walked down her driveway, seeing Isidro coming down the street with Rocko.