Chapter thirty

(Louis' POV)

"Lou," Harry calls my name, "Come sit with us." he insists, gesturing towards the empty seat next to him at their table in the lunch room. His clique of popular kids sit around the table with him and they give me nasty looks as I sit down next to my boyfriend. They continue with their conversations, but make it known that I'm not welcome here.

The cheerleaders grimace at me in disgust because I don't belong at their exclusive table. A few of the jocks stare at me and roll their eyes, whispering to each other about me I assume. Harry clutches onto my hand under the table out of everyone's sight and assures me not to pay attention to them.

Perrie whispers something to Zayn that causes him to laugh obnoxiously. I uncomfortably shift in my seat and act like I didn't notice that it was obviously about me. I'm pretty sure Perrie and Zayn aren't a couple anymore, but I have heard rumors that they still hook up every once in a while. 

Harry's friends Ed and Cher stare at me and act like I'm some strange alien. They make me feel like I'm a pest to them so I look away and cough awkwardly. This isn't exactly the warm welcoming I was expecting.

Liam and Niall walk up to the table, laughing together so much that their faces are a bright shade of red. They sit down across from Harry and I, and Niall has two foot long sandwiches and three bags of crisps. Seems like Niall has a big appetite.

"Hey Li, who's this?" Harry asks Liam.

"This is Niall, Niall this is my friend Harry. Harry and I go way back, we've been friends for as long as I can remember." Liam says, smiling at Harry.

Harry grins oddly; not his normal dimple bright smile. This one looks confused and a bit of what seems to be jealousy. What would Harry be jealous of?

"Oh, hi Niall. It's nice to meet you." Harry mutters, staring at the Irish man with a fading smile on his face.

"You too." Niall mumbles with a mouth full of food.

I nudge Harry's side, "Are you feeling alright?" I ask, lowering my tone to a whisper. Liam and Niall go back to their conversation and start laughing and giggling again like teenage girls.

Harry clears his throat and turns to me, "I'm fine, why?" he asks.

"Well you're acting strange. Do you not like Niall or something?" I ask curiously, wondering why in the world he wouldn't like him. What's not to like about Niall? He's charming and funny, not to mention adorable.

"No, I just. . ." he pauses, "Never mind." he mumbles.

"Harry-"

"I don't wanna talk about it right now, okay?" he says quietly, harshness filling up his voice.

I sigh, "Fine. Keep your damn secrets." I sneer, ripping my hand away from his.

"It's not like that, Louis." he says, rolling his eyes.

"Well then what is it? Are you jealous of Niall or something? Is there something you need to tell me?" I ask again, raising an eyebrow.

"What? No, why would you think that?" he gasps.

"You were basically giving Niall a death glare." I explain.

He frowns, "Can we talk about this later?" Harry asks.

"Fine, we'll discuss it after school during musical rehearsal." I conclude.

"Deal." Harry agrees, reaching over and holding my hand again. He gives me a bright smile and I feel my heart flutter when his dimples appear on his cheeks.