Chapter 4 - Trouble in the Dungeon - Fairy Steps - Intriguing Confrontation

I'm back! A chapter of about 19/20k words for you!

Please leave your comments on parts you find interesting, as well as at the end of the chapter. Don't forget to star if you like it.

And please read the endnotes :)

Three adventurers from the Soma Familia observed the boy in the fancy suit that must be worth a lot, as well as the ring he showed when he handed the papers to that woman working in the Guild. The man followed the woman into a private room while the eyes of the three adventurers watched him full of greed, until it was no longer possible to see him.

Soma Familia.

The Soma Familia is an exploration and business type familia led by the God Soma.

The Soma Familia specializes in selling alcoholic beverages, Soma wine in particular. Only the failed version of Soma is sold outside the Familia, and even then the price can be high. Because of Zanis Lustra's ambitions, the Soma Familia has temporarily become his tool to realize them, using the members of the Familia to raise money.

As the God of wine, Soma is extremely skilled at his craft. His master creation, which bears his name, can instantly intoxicate a person with just one sip. Even his faults have proven to be of high quality, easily reaching a value of tens of thousands of valis. Because of this, almost all the Soma Familia adventurers become addicted to the wine that is put up for sale, and when they take just one sip, they go crazy for more.

These three adventurers were no different.

Practically all their savings were spent to be able to buy the faulty version of the Soma wine that is put up for sale in the stores, because they couldn't wait to get the money together to be able to buy the "real Soma wine" within the Familia. Besides, even if it was called the failed version, it was still very good to them, so good that they were completely addicted, so why save more to try to buy the other one which is much more expensive?

Since they spend basically all the savings they get venturing into the Dungeon to get Soma wine, they can't invest in decent equipment. Because of this, the armor and weapons they use are only slightly better than those that can be rented from the Guild. They invested some money in weapons only once, and that was to be able to kill the monsters on the first floors more easily, so that as a consequence they could get enough money to buy wine faster.

The three adventurers started whispering among themselves.

"Hey guys, you saw it, right?"

"Absolutely. I wonder how much that ring must be worth..."

"We'd probably get plenty of Soma wine, enough to be able to raise money and upgrade our equipment without worrying about running out of Soma wine to drink."

They were talking low enough that no one but them could hear.

"Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?" Their leader smiled.

"We steal his ring, right?"

"How would we do that? I mean, it can't be that easy right? If he decides to act out by talking about it, we could get in trouble," the third member looked a little worried.

"Ha, that's pretty simple. He's a complete newbie while we've been adventurers for a while. Besides, you saw the luxurious clothes he was wearing, right? I bet he's just a rich merchant or an idiot daddy's boy who decided to become an adventurer thinking he'll get money easily. We simply have to scare him enough so that he won't report us."