Chapter 53: The Injured Hero and His Visitors

The time to have their first discussion about Cale's reward soon arrived.

"You can head out now."
"Yes, your highness."

Crown prince Alberu sent out the priest who just sat there filling the time without doing any actual treatment on Cale before turning to make eye contact with Cale.

Cale had an expression of awe that the crown prince came to visit, until the door closed and Alberu started to speak. "That expression of yours is giving me the chills."

"Thank you very much." Cale returned to his usual relaxed expression. He was currently sitting up while leaning on the backrest.

Alberu seemed to find that more bearable as he sat on a chair next to the bed Cale was sitting on.

"I have said that you are currently resting. I said that you got up at the plaza even though it was difficult so that you could help calm things down like a proper noble."

Alberu started to smile before adding on."Since you revealed that you possess an ancient power at the plaza, I played along and said you have a defensive ancient power that is not very strong. That is what you wanted, right?"

"Mm. Your highness is incredible." Cale pretended to contemplate as he responded back. "A young noble who is weak but stepped forward for the kingdom. It's nice."

"Indeed."

Cale preferred it this way that people thought he was 'not very strong'. It wasn't a lie, he really was weak. 'It's a best disguise to hide from the organization for now.'

"By tomorrow, any information about rumors about you and the current situation will be delivered to you through your butler. Make sure to take a look."

Prince Alberu was definitely treating Cale differently than he had treated Choi Han in the novel. He didn't have even an ounce of a warm smile and just had a stoic expression. It was as if he was dealing with someone he didn't want to deal with because he needed to do so.

Cale made eye contact with the crown prince who was staring at him.

Prince Alberu started to frown after seeing Cale's relaxed demeanor and started to think for a bit before he finally said what was on his mind. "...By the way."

This extremely hesitant attitude made it seem like he was expecting something. Cale just waited patiently as this was rare to see from the crown prince.

While Cale was waiting, Raon who had woken up from his nap underneath the bed started to talk to Cale in his mind.

Poor Raon had to hide there as he couldn't be on the bed without reveal himself.

– Now I am certain. He is not human.

The crown prince asked his question at the same time. "...You are human, right?"

'Mnn, how amusing that they said it at the same time.' Prince Alberu could see that Cale Henituse suddenly had an expression of amusement as Cale answered back. "Well, I am a human."

Cale smiled as he looked at Alberu meaningfully. "What else would I be?"

Alberu suddenly become wary of Cale, but he tried to convince himself that he was just being paranoid. "Right, of course you are human."

Cale could see Alberu point at both of them before continuing to speak. "You and I are both human."

The Black Dragon spoke into Cale's mind at that moment.

– That is a lie. He is not completely human.

'Little Raon, can you please stop? I know that.' Cale was having a difficult time maintaining his composure. His Raon is being adorable.