Chapter 34

Mention of sexual assault.

Sanjana's  P.O.V.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

My throat tightening as I stared at him. His daughter was smiling innocently in my  direction and that was enough to get my stomach churning.

"Sanjana,"

"You need to leave Sumit, please just go,"

"Aunty,"

"Get this kid out of my sight, it's making me nauseous," I murmured as I turned around and faced the wall.

"Chotu--"

"Don't! Don't call me that and for once just stop being selfish  and get out Sumit, it's a good day for my family and I don't want you to ruin it for me,"

"I didn't come here for a fight Sanjana, I overheard something, I just want you to be careful okay? And please stay by your family or atleast with someone close to you, just do that much," he said.

"You don't need to pretend to worry about me,"

"I'm leaving now, come on Nidhi," he said.

"Bye aunty," the small girl called out and my head spins for a split second.

"Fuck," I murmured as I slid down on the floor.

So much for a party.

I calm my breathing and massage my forehead to ease the pounding in my head.

"That's it, you can do it Sanju," I murmured to myself  before getting up on my feet.

I slap my cheeks a little to bring back the color and wipe the sweat from my forehead. I move towards the door but just as I'm about to twist the doorknob, a hand clasps around mine.

"Not so fast darling," a familiar voice said.

I gasped loudly as I turned around. No way. They shouldn't be here. My whole body freezes as I look at their faces.

"You still remember us Chotu?"

"Wh-what are you all doing here?"

"I missed you and your body Chotu," the man in front of me grinned.

"Rohan!" I screamed.

"Oh sweet girl, you didn't know, there's a party going on, they're probably dancing to the loud music, I'm sure no one will be able to hear you now, scream as much as  you want," he said as he advanced towards me.

"Don't come near me," I threatened. 

"Or what darling?"

I raised my hand to slap him but he's faster as he clutched my hand in his and holds it in a death grip. He must be fast but I was smart, I immediately bring my knee up and hit his jewels. He groaned as he crumpled on the floor.

"What the fuck are you guys waiting for? Hold her!" He ordered.

I do manage to land a few punches on these guys but am stunned when one of the man slaps me. My whole left side starts ringing and tears well in my eyes as I stumbled into the wall. I taste blood in my mouth and almost black out at the impact of the slap. The man doesn't even give me a chance to recover as he pulls me towards him by my hair and tightens his grip around my hair as he forces me to look at him.

My focus is still hazy from the slap and my head is pounding as I look at the man in front of me.

"Sanjana," I heard Sumit as he rushed towards me but can't warn him as a  man slams an iron rod against his head.