Chapter 60: Cheers?

Brandy

"You're coming home?" I speak into the phone to Benji. "What do you mean?" I half laugh.

"To our apartment," he breathes heavily. Why is he out of breath? "Will you meet me there?"

"I just got out of class, Benji, where are you?" Oh, I hope he remembered to send Andrew to pick me up. "You did remember to pick me up, right?"

"I didn't forget. But I have a feeling Andrew isn't going to be around anymore," he says to my surprise.

"Benji... what did you do?" I ask curiously.

"I'll explain it to you later, I promise." He sounds happy. "Can you grab a cab and meet me at the apartment?"

"I'm confused," I mumble.

"I'll see you in fifteen minutes, B!" He hangs up, leaving me utterly confused.

I take a cab to the apartment, which is a fairly quick ride. I get inside and the apartment is fully lighted, almost as if we were still living here. "Benji, what is going on?" I walk up behind him and he holds my hands.

He looks happy and on the verge of a mental breakdown at the same time, it's amazing. "As of tonight, B, you'll be happy to hear that my parents officially no longer own me. I finally did it, I told them I'm done being their puppet and I'm done with their bullshit. I'm moving back here, B."

"Wait, what?" A genuine smile forms on my face. "Benji, you're joking. Oh my, God, that's amazing." I hug him tightly. "Don't just stand there, tell me what happened?"

"Details are overrated," he says. "I found out that they were lying to me for months about something horrible and it was the last straw. I told them I'm no longer being ordered around by them; and that I don't care what the consequences are."

"So are they cutting you off? Can we even afford to live here?" I worry. "I know how intense they can get. I wouldn't be surprised if they take their names off the lease."

"I haven't spoken to them about that yet," he admits. "We'll figure it out, B, I promise. But right now, I don't want to worry, I just want to be here with you. Is that okay?" He moves in closer to me, our eyes locked with each others.

"More than okay," I say lowly as we smile at each other before we share a kiss. "I love you," I whisper as our lips part. "And I'm really proud of you."

"Shh," he tells me. "Come here." He leans back in and kisses me again. I tiptoe so that I can reach him easier and he places his hands on the sides of my face.

I pull us apart again and he looks confused. I smile and pull his hand, guiding him toward my bedroom — which doesn't even have sheets or blankets. We lay side by side, my legs straddled over his. His lips are soft and his kisses are passionate and meaningful, and when I close my eyes, I can tell he is into it just as much as I am. When the hell did my sex drive get so high?

He grabs my hips to pull me over his waist, leaving me on top of him. My hair falls in his face and he carefully and gently brushes it behind my ear, leaving his hand on the side of my neck afterwards. I grind on him and remember this feeling distinctly after what happened in my office not long ago.

He wraps his hands on both of my thighs and bites at the bottom of my lip, leaving me breathless. He thrusts his hips up slightly, bringing us closer to each other. I massage his curly hair and twist a few stands with my eager fingers. 

We kiss for what feels like hours until we fall asleep beside each other. I wake up at four o'clock in the morning, freezing cold because there are no blankets or pillows, or anything else to make me comfortable and warm. I run out into the kitchen on the cold concrete floor and look for a blanket or a warm coat on the couch. I open up Benji's boxes and grin when I finally find a blanket.