ℙ𝕚𝕘 || 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 27

↳Warnings: Slight Gore, Mentions of Cannibalism.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
'Could you kill someone you love?'

'Ugh' a fierce, throbbing pain surged through your head, resulting in a low groan from your exhausted lips. Darkness loomed over your vision as your eyes remained cemented shut, praying for the unnecessary discomfort to fade. Ringing played annoyingly in your ears, keeping hushed as it whispered high-pitched jumbled nonsense. To keep the pain from infecting the rest of your head, you brought your fingertips to your templates- massaging lightly. Finally, you opened your lids to let the sunlights touch flood your vision. The events last night tripped through your brain, making it harder to decipher reality from fiction. Slowly the jumbled memories fell into place, making your heart skip a beat.

Sitting up swiftly, almost resulting in whiplash from the jerking of your neck, you watched the door intently as it slowly zoomed in with your vision. Was it a dream?
You threw off your covers, letting it turn into a wrinkly ball on the carpeted floor. Creeks echoed through the room with the quick pace of your feet, soft thuds aiding the noise. Furthermore, your emotions ran wild, plucking at desperation and guilt to transform into a monster of defeat. Hastily, you whipped open your door, not even giving it time to let out a screech.

Nothing.

The devilish box that held the girl's head had disappeared, taking a piece of your sanity with it. The only presence found was Jane's, observing your flustered exterior staring helplessly at the foot of your door.
"Y/N?" Her voice seemed to take hold of your attention, letting concern lead her words as she watched you. Everyone in this mansion had a screw or two loose, however you were one of the more calmer ones. In a way, she felt she needed to protect you from whatever demons lurked in your mind. If only she knew about the ones outside of your head.

You slowly met with her dark eyes, resulting in an exhausted smile to cross your lips. It felt as though you had forgotten how to use those muscles, seeming to let a frown stain your lips for the past few days. Once more your iris' took to the floor, searching for the box filled with nightmares; but, it was completely gone. Even the nasty oder was replaced by Janes sweeter scent. Sighing in relief you came to the consensus that it was night's illusions taking you by surprise, only leaving the day's light to aid in recovering your sanity. It was just a nightmare.

"Hey, I heard about Clockwork attacking you. Are you okay, Y/N?" Her soft voice seemed neutering as she stepped closer to you, her delicate hand resting upon your right shoulder to lend you some moral support. It was a healthy touch you needed to feel, maybe one that would help all the misery escape your being.

"Honestly, I haven't gotten over it," you uttered, inhaling deeply while your mind ran back to yesterday night. His lips were gentle with passion, manipulating you with his soft touch, but his mind was twisted- caging you like a wild animal. Clockworks tear stained face abrutly took over your thoughts, making a shiver run up your spine. Shaking your head you sighed, glancing up to come eye to eye with Jane.
"But, there's nothing I can do now," The sadness in your voice seemed to penetrate through the female's ears, making her actions even softer. For a serial killer her nature was softer than most, taking in her friends and aiding them where needed. It was a unique trait, surrounded by all that is death yet still finding ways to care for another.

"Here's what, I'll make you some breakfast. You just relax for the day, alright?" She reassured, placing her other hand upon your left shoulder and giving you a light shake- trying to awaken whatever energy you had left. Her eyes filled with care and wonder while she stared at you.
"You'll get wrinkles if you frown too much. Now, put on some nice clothes and meet me in the kitchen," She gave you one last look before taking her leave, giving you air to breathe once again. All your features could handle was a gentle smile of appreciation, seeing this as a way to lighten your mood. It was only just a dream.