11: Zaheer's new ability

Mmmm. That chapter is juicyyyyy. Anyway, hope you enjoy it :)

Yesterday was my birthday ! That's why I didn't update. Sorry :)

They had planned everything.

Korra was to give herself to Zaheer in order to protect the air benders.

Everyone were hurt and shocked due to the young air mistress and the little boy's death.

With first of them being Lin.

Everybody pitied her. Not in front of her, obviously.

Su was trying to comfort her but she, like her older sister, was left heartbroken.

Korra's mental health had also gone downhill while Asami hadn't spoken to anyone since those news came out.

Bolin and Mako hadn't spent lots of time with the kyoshi warrior to say that she was a great friend, but still...

It's hard loosing friends.

Lin grimaced hearing the explosions of the fire bender. Her eyes fell on her sister whose head was turned towards the direction of the combustion bender.

" Su... " She gained Suyin's attention who walked to stand in front of her.

" What is it, Lin ? " The younger Beifong asked.

The chief gave her a sad smile. Her hand went on Zaofu's founder's cheek. Her sister leaned to her touch.

" I love you. "

The officer's voice was weak. Broken.

" Lin, please. Stay with me. We lost Kitiara, I can't loose you too. " Su reasoned.

Lin didn't answer anything but a tear shedded down her cheek. " Promise me that you will take care of yourself. "

" Lin, please- "

" Promise me. "

Sighing, she nodded in defeat.

With this done, Lin jumped out of the wall that they had created to protect themselves from P'Li's combustions.

" Hey, bitch ! I am here ! " She shouted.

The fire bender immediately gazed at her, a smirk appeared on her face. " First the daughter, second the father (Tenzin was beaten hard) and third the mother. How wonderful. "

Lin bit the inside of her cheek before starting running to avoid the shots of the enemy and throwing a couple of rocks in the process.

Suddenly, P'Li sent an explosion next to her, sending her near the cliff.

Chief Beifong put her hand on the ground to support herself to get up, only to fail.

And then it was when it happened.

Something that no one would be able to predict.

***

Kitiara was flying with her glider. She had passed the night with Kai and his little, cute bison on a cave near the temple.

The night was uneventful. They ate some plants that Kitiara had collected and cooked.

An air bender doesn't eat meat, because he is vegetarian. ( I read it somewhere, I am not sure but it sounds like something that the air benders would so... if it's not true, let's say that it is for this story ) Not to mention that there was no way to kill a young bison to take and eat his meat, meaning that what they did was the only option, at least for them.

Kitiara saw no reason to try or think a way to repair her make up. A kyoshi warrior's make up is water resistant, it can only be taken off by the use of a specific formula, indicating that Kitiara was stuck with this.