35 | Homesick

it brings a genuine smile to my face to see how fast we're growing, really, i'm grateful for you being here <3

P E A R L

I held my breath, feeling the tip of the gun press harder into my back.

"You thought taking Riot wasn't enough, so now you want to go for Gabriel, too? Pearl, you whore," Her voice tormented quietly, creating chills to run down my spine as she breathed down my ear.

"You're a sick motherfucker," I managed to say, gripping onto the railing for dear life.

The dreading feeling of realisation dawned on me. She had been watching us all day.

"I want to talk to Gabriel," Zandra stated as if she wasn't giving me a choice.

"I'm not going to let that happen."

"I'm the one with the gun," She reminded me, shifting it upward along my spine.

"And I'm the one with Riot," I remembered how Zandra had always felt intimidated by him.

The instincts of my response were proven to be right as I felt the gun loosen for a split second against Zandra's grip.

"He's not dead," She stated like she was confirming it to herself.

Her strong perfume filled my senses, and I was engulfed with memories of our past.

"No, but Iris is. That was your doing, I assume," The images that Riot showed me replayed in my mind, causing me to shudder at the thought of Iris laying on the ground, covered in blood.

"Riot told you," Her tone was sharper, and I knew she was angered.

"Yes, he did, and he's going to throw you six feet into the fucking ground when he gets his hands on you," I snarled and winced when she lifted the gun and pressed it to the back of my head.

"He's not going to even see me. You're going to make sure of that, Pearl," I felt her cold hands wrap around my neck, holding me in place against the silvery feel of the gun.

"Whatever bullshit you're planning, I'm not getting involved," I spoke through gritted teeth.

I pressed harder when she laughed, making my jaw ache with tension.

"Always wanting out. I remember the last time you said those words to Iris and Riot, and they stared at you like crazy. But if they could convince you to stay, I'd be rather happy to do the same."

Zandra had lost any humour and pressed her nose to the side of my face, trying to see me tremble.

I wouldn't let her see me like that again. She wouldn't shoot me in front of the motel when anyone could walk out at any time.

"Yeah, well, they weren't holding a gun to my head. They didn't shoot me, either," I snapped back at her, in hopes that she'd confirm that she was the one who shot me that night.