Chapter 41

Previously on Chapter 40

I back away as I stare at the man. Aang have the same reaction. "N-No way...

Zuko

-You're Not Bad... You're Confused-

Y/N P.O.V

"N-No way... Zuko..." I said. Aang stands next to me with the same reaction. I hear running and turn my head. The fire-benders are closing in on us.

"Y/N! We have to leave" he said. He turns around to run. I was about to follow him, but I stop and turn to look at Zuko. I know he's the enemy, but that doesn't change the fact that he saved us.

"Aang! We can't leave him..." I said. He stops in his track and turns to look at me. "But he..." he said. I give him a pleading look. "He STILL saved us! We wouldn't have escaped if it weren't for him!" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. He walks to me. I gently sling Zuko's arm around my shoulder. Aang do the same. We jump away to escape.

***

We are now in the forest. Zuko is laying next to me, still unconscious. I can't believe I just saved him. He is the reason I lost b/n. Him and his soldier are the one that killed b/n. But here I am... saving his life.

I hear a soft groan. I turn my head to see Zuko. He's slowly waking up. Aang notices that he's awake. He give him a small smile.

"You know what the worst part of being born over a hundred years ago is? I miss all the friends I used to hang out with. Before the war started... we used to always visit my friend Kuzon. The three of us, we'd get in and out of so much trouble together. He was one of the best friends I ever had, and he was born from the Fire Nation... just like you. If we knew each other back then, do you think we could have been friends?" Aang said, turning to look at him. Zuko said nothing. Then he suddenly shot fire at Aang. I stand up and jumps away as he shot fire at me too.

Aang jumps away on the trees. I stayed for a bit and turn to look at Zuko. He stood there in battle stance. "Zuko... I know I barely know you. As much as I hate you for what you've done. I can't help but notice that you do have good in your heart. I believe that you're  not a bad... you're just confused. I hope you will find your way" I said, smiling at him. He just stare at me. I turn around and jumps away.

Zuko P.O.V

She... believes in me? She believe that I have good in me, despite all the bad things I've done. She manage to see right through me like an open book. She even said that I'm just confused and lost. I let out a sigh and sit on the ground.

The way she smiles at me, somehow brought warmth inside my chest. I place my hand against my chest as I recall what she said.

I believe you're not bad... you're just confused. I hope you'll find your way.. her voice echoed in my head. I feel the corner of my lips twitched upward a little.

I shake my head. No... she's the Avatar, along with her twin brother. They're my tickets home. I need to capture them in order to regain my honor. I should not be feeling this way.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I catch up with Aang. We head back to the swamp, as the frogs in my shirt have thawed out. So we need to get the frogs again.

Aang turns to me as I land next to him. "What took you so long?" He asked. "I just have a little chat with Zuko... nothing major..." I said. He just hum softly in return.

"So... did you get the frogs?" I asked. He just nods. "We should get back... Sokka and Katara needs to suck on these to get better..." Aang said. I nod my head in agreement. We start running towards the place we camped.

It didn't take long for us to reach there. That's the perks of being air-benders. We jump inside. Aang grabs two of the frogs.

"Suck on these. They'll make you feel better" he said, placing the frogs inside Sokka's and Katara's mouth. I let out a sigh and lay on the ground. I place a hand behind my head, while the other is laying across my stomach.

"Aang, Y/N, how was your trip? Did you two make any new friends?" Sokka said, he already sounded better. "No, I don't think we did" Aang said. He turn to his side. I let out a sigh.

Zuko... the way he stares at me earlier when I told him I believed he have good in him. The way his eyes widened a little. His eyes have gentle look in them. It just shows me that he do have kindness. But then... why would he hunt Aang and I down? What happen to him... why is he so obsessed in trying to regain his honor.

I shake my head. 'Stop it, Y/N... you shouldn't think about him that way. He's still your enemy!' I thought to myself, scoldingly. I let out a sigh and turn to lay on my side. I'm just tired... that must be why I'm thinking these nonsense.

"Mmm~ this is tasty! Mmm" Sokka said. I turn to look at him. He keep sucking on the frogs. Katara doing the same. Suddenly, the frogs starts to thaw. They begin to moves, making both of them starts gagging.

I let out a chuckle as they keep wiping their tongues in disgust. "Y/N! This isn't funny! Give me water!" Sokka yelled at me. "Alright..." I said. I stand up and bend water at him. He chugs the water.

"Me too!" Katara said. I bend the water to her. She drinks it too. But even after drinking the water, they still gags in disgust. I laugh at their state, clutching onto my stomach as it started to ache a little. At least they're all better now. I lay down and drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*