Part 66 - Yule Ball?

* Hadrian's POV *
Whatever I thought Transfiguration was going to include it wasn't this....

When we arrived to transfiguration, Dumbledore was sat in Mcgonagall chair at the front with Mcgonagall herself beside him as he smirked at us upon entry. How did he even beat us here in the first place? We sat down in our usual seats when he began to speak "Now I've interrupted your lesson today to talk to you about a new and exiting event taking place at Hogwarts, for only the most brave and daring students". There goes the Gryfindoors attention, "There will be an official announcement in the great hall after the feast however I thought I would let the older years know beforehand. The school will play host to two other prestigious schools as we draw names, one student from each school, to compete in daring tasks in the Triwizard Tournament. Only one can win but this contest is not for the faint of heart so I must warn you all to be careful and think your decision through carefully. More about it will be said tonight for now I give you Professor Mcgonagall to explain a part of the competition to you". With that he left the room with a huge wolffish grin on his face, as Mcgonagall flourished her wand.

All the tables and chairs pushed to the corners of the room, creating a huge space in the middle. We were all told to stand at either side of the room, girls on the right and boys on the left. Looking at each other very confused we just shrugged our shoulders and followed the request. Once everyone was settled McGonagall moved to the middle catching everyone's attention.

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests, gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally because the Yule ball is first and foremost a dance". Huge groans burst out from the left hand side as the Gryfindoor boys wined about the thought of a dance. Meanwhile slytherin house on both sides of the room rolled their eyes, it's only embarrassing if you can't dance or have no one to dance with.

"Silence! The houses of Hogwarts have commanded the respect of the wizard it world for nearly 10 centuries! I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons!", Mcgonagall said in a calm yet instructive tone that soon put an end to the groans. "Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst off and take flight", Albus laughed to a Weasley whilst pointing out Pansy, they were both immediately cursed by several hexes within a second although no one knew exactly where they came from, so Mcgonagall hesitantly moved on. "inside every boy a lordly lion, preparing to prance", she then moved over to where Albus was standing with his back slouching against the wall "Will you join me please?", He was clearly embarrassed but was pushed towards Mcgonagall "Now place your right hand on my waist", she was interrupted "Where !?", everyone laughed as Mcgonagall huffed "my waist", he did so as she began leading him through the dance "1...2...3...1...2...3...Everyone on your feet and come together".

The right side of the room stood up eyeing certain boys on the left side, however non of the boys wanted to move from the Gryfindoors except one boy, Longbottom. I was grabbed by strong hands around my waist as Tom lead me across the room smoothly, other Slytherins grouped up and joined in but most Gryfindoors just watched angrily as Slytherins took turns dancing with the girls from both houses.

- Later in the main hall -

We all sat down together at our table as confused whispers echoed around the suspiciously silent room, Dumbledore had called yet another meeting of sorts as we all sat awaiting the news that was 'oh so important'. Sighing I leaned on Tom as he ran a hand through my hair, I smiled as we sat calmly enjoying the feeling. Finally Dumbledore arrived to begin his speech "I have the pleasure of announcing that this castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen-", he was interrupted by Filtch running down the hall towards him, although by the looks of his running skills he would have reached him faster walking. He whispered something in the old goats ear as I turned to look at Tom, then the rest of our group. He nodded to Filtch and he began running back towards the door. Okay now I was interested, I sat up much to the annoyance of Tom if his grunt was anything to go by, as he spoke once again.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event the Triwizard Tournament, now for those of you who do not know the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests, from each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear if chosen you stand alone and trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint hearted. But more of that later, for now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxine!", the doors of the hall flew open to reveal a handful of students dressed in all blue.