🏵️Chapter 5🏵️: Dure's nightmare.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

  After a long while of planning, the clothes my husband will  wear for his trip and the dress I would wear for the luncheon grandma invited me to, I wore my nighties and laid beside my husband.

  What?... I can't go out looking shabby on my first outing as a married woman. I can't just wear anything.

  After the dance, Dure and I had dinner in the garden. We drank a few glasses of wine before he retired to bed. Even though he offered that we should cuddle before he slept, I declined. I had to make sure my husband looked grand wherever he went to and made sure he was looking hotter than he actually was. I helped him to pack the suitcase and made sure there was nothing left out.

  I was so tired, that I just laid on my husband's chest. I looked at the grand clock sitting on the wall which was directly opposite the bed, the clock says 12:03 a.m.

My hands wrapped round his broad and big chest. He was wearing a white vest and so I couldn't see his bare chest. In fact, I have never seen Dure shirtless but I do know I will one day.

I'm his wife. Who else would see if not for me?

I was just about closing my eyes to sleep when I discovered that my husband's breathing was becoming abnormal. He seemed to be panting instead of breathing normally. His head kept moving from place to place like a pendulum and his hair was already wet with sweat.

My chest tightened and I sat up immediately to look at him.

  I've never seen Dure this way before.  Could it be a nightmare?... Or could it be a health challenge?

Phillips never said anything about Dure having health challenges, neither did anyone in the family say it.

  His panting became heavier and by the movement of his chest, I almost thought he was having a heart attack. I could feel the beads of sweat rolling down my face, as I shaked the body of my husband and croaked "Dure, please don't die on me! We just got married, you can't make me a young widow!"

  He was visibly shivering and soon he was coughing. But he refused to open his eyes. I tried to lift him to sit up but he didn't.

Could it be that he had shortness of breath?... Or he was having a heatstroke?... Or there wasn't enough air in the room?

  I ran to the window, opened the curtains and opened the windows. The air locked out rushed in to the extent I thought that it was already winter. I looked at my husband and he was still panting for air.

  Could he need water?... If that is the case, from here to the kitchen will take a whole ten minutes. What if he dies by then?... I can't leave his side.

  I rushed to his side again. He was still coughing and this time, he seemed to be choking.

Could it be his vest? I couldn't help but think. I took hold of his vest, and tore it into two. So that wind can penetrate into every corner of his body.

  I was about to remove his vest for him when his hands stopped me. Then he woke up, looking like he just ran a Marathon for the country. He was heavily panting and sweating, but still had the strength to push me away with his elbow making me to lose balance and land straight on the floor.

  He sat up, resting his head on the big headboard, covering his chest with the duvet.

Relief washed all over me like an ocean. I gathered strength to stand up and walked to his side and sat on the cushion chair that was beside the bed.