𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 ¹

PROLOGUE ¹━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

PROLOGUE ¹
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland,The Great Hall Doors]

Heavy footsteps and laughter can be heard echoing throughout the halls of Hogwarts as a group known as "The Marauders" rush to the Great Hall for breakfast.

The group was led by James "Prongs" Potter, with Sirius "Padfoot" Black as the disowned black, Remus "Moony" Lupin as the one with the furry little problem, Peter "Wormtail" Pettigrew as the underdog, and the honorary Marauder "Alina Blackwell" as the only Slytherin they tolerated.

"Alina Blackwell", the Slytherin house's muggleborn, someone with an unusual name, and the one who disappears throughout the night, though no one questioned it as they were all a little intimidated by the girl.

It has been five years since they all began their first year, four years since they began to tolerate one another, and three years since they began to be close friends.

They all hated each other at first because their house rivalry was still going on. "Alina" didn't care because she just wanted to graduate and go back to her sister, but the marauders took it to heart.

As they all entered their second year, they began to tolerate one another, exchanging nods when they passed each other in the halls or when they were to partner up in some classes.

But in their third year, everything changed; they started hanging out and exchanging a lot more words than they did in their second year, and a friendship grew around them as they welcomed "Alina" into their group.

Remus even summoned the courage to inform her of his furry problem. He was concerned that she would break off their friendship, but this did not occur. She hugged him, which surprised him because "Alina" was not a fan of physical contact, she comforted him, and told him that she didn't see him any differently.

And as the months passed, something unexpected happened: James Potter began to fall in love with "Alina Blackwell," which did not surprise the other marauders because they all saw how he began to look at "Alina" and how he began to reduce the number of times he asked Lily out.

Her escape from the Red Room and Hydra was Hogwarts. The only disadvantage is that she was separated from the two people she cares about. This was one of the places where she could feel at ease. If only she'd known...

When they arrived at the Great Hall's entrance, their good mood vanished as soon as they saw who was waiting for them.

Severus Snape, or "Snivellus" as the rest of the marauders call him, Lucius Malfoy, the prancing peacock, and some of their other posey members.

Strutting his way to the group, James asked, "Ah, Snivellus, What do we pleasure?" cockily, though you can see the irritation in his eyes.

"Oh please Potter, the world doesn't revolve around you and your merry band of idiots," he scoffed, "and I'm here to talk to Blackwell, not you."

"I believe it does, we're her friends, and we wouldn't want her alone with the likes of you," Sirius said as he approached Snape and his peers.

Snape scoffed and laughed at Sirius' words, "Friends? I don't think she'll see you four as friends when I tell her," smirking.

"Alina" looked at him, confused, "What are you talking about?" "And, as they say, whatever you have to say, you can say it here," she stated.

Instead of being irritated, Snape's smirk grew, making the Marauders nervous and Snape's peers pleased.

"Well, you if you insist," he said, his smirk still on his face. He then began telling her about it from beginning to end.

Snape had finished his story, and "Alina's" once-joyous face had turned stone cold. The facade she had developed in the red room has now reflected itself, and she has begun to build walls once more.

Everything came crashing down on her; she felt betrayed, sad, and indignant, and she was angry at herself for being so naive as to believe that what they had was real.

So she did what she needed to do: she ran, as fast as she could, to the safety of her dorm.

Snape's words ran and echoed in her head, mocking her for being so naive, ignoring the sound of Snape's and his friends' laughter and the Marauders' calls.

She dashed through the cold corridors that led to the Slytherin dormitories, entered the portrait entrance and said the password, and as it opened, she dashed to her door room and shut the door with a bang that echoed through the walls.

She started pacing around the room, trying to keep her emotions in check and not do anything crazy. She then abruptly stopped and just stood there in the middle, recalling what had happened and Snape's words a few minutes ago.

A friendship she had grown to value was the cause for her to rebuild up her defenses. As the temperature dropped dramatically, ice began to ascend the walls, and smoke could be seen by her feet as fire began to flicker on where she was standing.

She then noticed the ice on the walls, the drop in temperature, and even the fire tickling her by her feet; she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, attempting to keep her emotions at bay.

Counting in her head and whispering it to herself, she repeated it to herself as she blocked everything out and focused solely on restoring normalcy to the room.

The ice began to descend and the temperature returned to normal, with the only anomaly being the hole-shaped burn on the floor where she was standing.

"I...I need to get out of here," she muttered to herself as she looked around the room.

She needed to get out of this dorm, Hogwarts, and the wizarding world entirely. She then sent a letter to Madam B informing her of her arrival, and she spent the rest of the morning packing everything up, leaving no trace that she was even there.

As she was packing, memories from her first year to the present began to flood her mind. She began to cry a little, but quickly wiped it away because they didn't deserve it. After all, it was all a dare.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

[ 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ]

To avoid any confusion, I changed her name to Inessa Morozova. Her original name was Anastasia Petrova.