four

Beverly

"Do you have the list?"

"Yeah, it's here somewhere..." I say shuffling through piles of papers. I grab a wrinkled sheet of paper and look at it carefully before handing it to Penelope.

"Thanks. You should really organize your work space." She chuckles, eyeing my messy desk.

"I should. But I won't." I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"How was clean up after the Elie Saab show, what - like a week ago? I think I forgot to ask."

"Torture. You know, I had plans that night that I was late to!"

"Not my fault you volunteered to take over." She holds up her hands.

"And even worse, Harry Styles showed up." I mumble.

"What?" She screeches, her eyes wide in disbelief.

"Harry Styles show -"

"I know what you said! Why?!" She yells.

"He was looking for his stupid hat."

"Why are you not jumping up and down?" She looks at me like I have three heads.

"Because! Why are you? He's just some stupid famous person that breaks hearts and takes advantage of his fame and money." I exclaim, although I wasn't sure if I believed that myself anymore.

After the dinner for Blake, I came home to my apartment exhausted and alone. I didn't waste anytime getting into my pajamas and climbing into bed with my laptop and the television on. I would never admit this to anyone, but I spent the remainder of my night pulling up information on Harry Styles, and couldn't help but learn more about him.

He's more... humane than I imagined. Not very 'celebrity-like' at all, but still the perfect pop star. I didn't know how to explain it, but I did learn a lot that I wasn't expecting, but hey. The internet is often very wrong.

"Are you sure he's like that?" Her eyes narrow as she looks at me.

"Well - no, but I've heard of guys like him. They're trouble."

"Bev, don't judge a book by its cover. Who knows, maybe he's a genuine guy?"

"I doubt it." I mumble.

"Hey - see if you can get him to show up to more shows, it'll get good publicity and help us out too!" Penelope says as she walks through the door and I roll my eyes. No way in hell was I gonna talk to him again purposely.

"Damn, she's happy about something." Lucas, my co-worker walks in, looking behind him at an ecstatic Penelope.

"Yeah, I gave her some news." I laugh and he chuckles along with me.

"Anyways, how was the Elie show?"

"Good, not really different than any other ones. Missed you." I tease.

"Well of course you did." He jokes. "I need your log for the show, by the way."

"Yeah. I'll get that to you soon, I just need to add onto it then I'll get it to you."

"Alright thanks. Hey, I'll catch you later, okay?"

"Sure." I smile, and he walks out the door. My eyes trail back to the messy work desk and bright computer screen in front of me, and continue to type down the information on the sheet.

I'm only barely started when the office phone begins to ring, and I sigh loudly before grabbing the reciever.

"Hello you've reached Capture. This is Beverly speaking."