Chapter 6

I don't know why and I don't know how but there I was, standing in the middle of a meadow, gazing at the little flowers waving as the wind blew them lightly. Where the heck am I?

Suddenly it all changed, the meadow was burnt, the fire was still there and it was spreading fast. I screamed for help but no one came. I squeezed my eyes shut as the heat got overbearing. A laugh erupted from beside me and I snapped my gaze towards it to see the familiar style of hair and the brown mischievous eyes.

"Don't look so tense, Casey. Relax will ya?" He chuckled lightly. I suddenly realized that the sweltering heat was gone and I looked around only to see that we were in his car. I remembered this, it was right before the crash. I quickly turned to look at Bryan with wide eyes.

"Bry, you gotta listen to me. You have to slow down, we're gonna crash and you won't survive." I told him slowly, trying to not freak him out even if I was experiencing all different levels of anxiety attacks inside.

He chuckled, "Nice try, Case, but I'm afraid I'm immune to your little scandalous pranks." I hit my head on the dashboard in frustration. I have no plans in watching him die again. "Whoa, are you okay? Don't do that!" Bryant demanded as he frowned at me, taking his eyes off the road to inspect my throbbing forehead before looking back at the almost empty road before us.

I took a deep breath and counted the seconds in my head, my shoulders was tense and my legs were ready to move, my hand was on my seatbelt and I'm ready to push the button to undo it. I'm not letting him die again.

The headlights came into view and the familiar fearful shout that came from my brother resonated through the car. I pushed the button with my thumb and tugged on the seat belt to undo it but my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach when it won't let loose. I frantically pushed the button as car honks filled the air and the familiar pull of the car being swerved came.

"Bryant!" I yelled in distraught.

"Casey!"

My eyes snapped open as I woke up, sweat covering my entire being and my chest rose and sunk in a quick pace.

It's just a dream. It's not real.

I picked my phone up from the bedside table and winced as the harsh light illuminated the room. It was only 6. I picked myself up from my bed and walked the distance between my bed and my brother's before plopping down on it. Sighing deeply, I kept my eyes trained to the ceiling as my fingers rubbed the worn out cloth.

I can't sleep again, it's always been that way; I wake up from a nightmare and fail to fall asleep again. I rose from the bed and pulled the door open gently, stepping out of the room and making my way to the mini gym. Won't hurt to train my kicks and punches.

After an hour, I decided to end my training and hit the showers.

The warm water hit my back but it has never had that 'relaxing muscle' effect on me so I have never really understood why they bothered to say that in stories.

Reaching for the towel, I wrapped it around my body before stepping out and putting on some baggy clothes. My hair was still wet so I didn't bother pulling it into a ponytail and let it air dry.

I left the house after making myself some grilled cheese french toast. I walked while munching on the toast and observed the road as cars sped by.

The school towered over me after a few minutes of walking and I could feel the dread of meeting that new kid. I swear I will butcher him alive if he starts to pester me again.

"Hey nerd!"

I sped up and instead of turning around and see who was calling.

"C'mon Casey, don't be that way!"