❥ 26. Parastin

Parastin (Verb)

protect (to keep safe)

♡♡

🎶 Saiyyaan (Heroine)

One chance.

That’s what she asked from life. Every single day she woke up to find that single chance in happiness, in life to live without an ounce of worry, fear, vigilance and alienation. She wanted to live, explore just like the world rated, just like the freedom was personified as the open wings in the sky, abundant space to fly and explore. She wanted to stare the wide open blue sky with nothing blocking her sight, with no one interrupting her. 

She was in need of that chance to just be the Mishti her father called as little gigglemug, the girl with no worries in this world surrounded with the most loving parents in the world, who kept giggling at every single word. Mishti, She loved that nickname once, so much that a single call and she would jump and squeal her way to him. She loved him so much.

How happy she was then ?

Why she wouldn’t be ?

She had it all until one fateful days.
She was so happy that day when a single phone call crashed her whole world. The very moment her smile fell and never came back. She have never been that happy again, each time she tried to accept happiness she wished this would be that one chance where her fears would halt, her nightmares will leave her alone and her eyes would twinkle with Emotions.

Unlike today, unhappy, broken and empty. They have been the same for past months. The little light which kept her old self alive, though in a corner hidden but present, it left her the day she decided to lower her guard, believe someone, put her trust in a person who’ll only break it into a billion pieces.

Her eyes seemed dead to her, and mirror didn’t help her thoughts. She shut her eyes forcefully wanting to ignore the vision of her pale face, ugly dark circles and plain brown eyes.
She quickly dabbed a layer of concealer under her eyes to cover the eyebags, a stroke of eyeliner to make her eyes look better and a thin layer of gloss. She didn’t wanted to resort to make-up but then she can’t let others know about her disaster of a night and the deception of a Marriage.

She discarded the nuptial chain inside the basin drawer, hating it’s sight.

Taking a deep, calming breath she turned and walked out of the washroom, picking her things quickly in her arms she decided to stuff in her bag on the way out.

She was setting things from her right holding some in her left and bag hung around the elbow. Not looking up kept walking when her figure collided with the dining table, making her things fall to the ground.

She sighed in frustration, crouching down and picking them up when one of her pen rolled on the tiled floor. She leaned forward to reach it when a pair of slippers came in her view.

“On your knees early in the morning !? Didn’t expected after yesterday” A sleepy voice chuckled tauntingly.

Mahira rolled her eyes inwardly and decided to ignore him, She didn’t wish to start her day looking his face.

“I may not be the best husband but I don’t wish to see my wife crouched on the floor. Get up Ira” He stepped back from her.

She scoffed and stood up, turning immediately avoiding his face.

She heard him yawning again.

“Good Morning to you too husband”  She murmured, gritting her teeth. She placed her zipped tote bag on the dinning table and started preparing tea for her.

From her peripheral she jaw him entering kitchen and taking out a water bottle and settling back on the bar counter. He muffled his yawns and blinked few times to clear sleep away.

The phone vibrated and he gulped a sip of water before receiving it.

“Yes, I’m awake dad” he rolled his eyes in annoyance. “How are you ?”
Dad ?"