EIGHTY

WARD

"Hey, guys! Don't tie up." JJ shouted as he ran down to the dock to prevent Kie and Pope from tying up the boat.

Silas was running alongside River, once they'd climbed down the tree, he held her tightly and calmed the panic attack she was about to have. Now, he was scared to leave her side.

"What?" Kie questioned confused as to why everyone looked so panicked.

"We're dipping." JJ glanced back to River. He felt slightly reassured at the fact that she was with Silas, he knew that he would keep her safe.

"Wait-what? What are you talking about?" Questioned Kie, her brows furrowing as to why JJ seemed so frustrated.

River held Silas' hand tightly, he kept giving her reassuring squeezes so that she didn't panic. He cared so deeply for the girl and never wanted her upset or hurt.

"Where'd you guys go? What happened last night?" John B questioned as he held Sarah down the dock, worried that her injury would get worse if she didn't have the help she needed.

"Slept on the break, what's up?" Pope instantly made eye contact with Silas. He couldn't help but feel guilty, especially when Silas lowered his head to avoid eye contact.

"Slept, right, yeah." JJ nodded, jumping onto the boat. "We we're up all night."

"We gotta get the hell out of here." John B nodded in agreement, tossing a duffel bag to JJ, who almost expertly caught it.

"Rafe knows where here, so we have to leave, like, now." Sarah panted, her hand resting over her bullet wound.

The blonde girl looked up to her cousin worriedly, she didn't want Sarah to end up needing to go the the hospital if they put too much strain on her body.

"Come on, angel." JJ offered his hand for River, which she happily took and stepped onto the boat. He wrapped his arms around her and watched as John B climbed onto the boat.

Silas cracked her knuckles before lifting Sarah up bridal style. Sarah wrapped her arms around Silas  neck, half expecting him to pass her to John B, but instead he stepped onto the boat and only placed her down when he was stable.

Sarah smiled thankfully at the boy, she had only known him a day but she had instantly grown a soft spot for the boy. He seemed to care about River and the others a lot, which made Sarah feel much safer than she usually would.

JJ drive the boat to through the marsh, allowing them to pull up once they saw the first bit of land that was away from Figure 8. They all gathered around in a group and began to talk about their options.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time." Kie pointed out.

"Before everyone knows." Pope finished, sneaking a quick glance at Silas, who had River sat in between his legs. His fingers combed through her hair, allowing her lips to curl upwards into a smile.

JJ was packing back and forth, trying to come up with a solution that could save his best friend and Sarah.

"I told you. We should've just gone south, man. Why does no one ever listen?" JJ shouted frustratedly.

"Just stop. I get it. I get it. I understand." John B shouted, making JJ turn to face him.

"I have an idea." Sarah spoke up, her voice cracking ever so slightly from nerves. "With me back, my dads going to have to choose between me and Rafe."

Everyone lifted their heads to look at Sarah. She sounded like she had lost the plot. John B cleared his throat and called out her name, he was going to tell her that it was a stupid idea, but before he got a chance, she cut him off.

"He's gonna choose me." Sarah spoke confidently.

Nobody could deny it, everyone knew that Sarah was Ward's favourite. It was obvious from the way he doted on Sarah and not so much on Rafe or Wheezie.

"Just please listen. Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah." John B's voice wavered.

"Sarah. he's not gonna agree after all that's happened." Kie spoke up.

"No, I know it sounds crazy." Sarah lowered her head.

River felt guilty, almost as if she was the one telling her it was a stupid idea. The blonde placed her hand over Sarah's and offered her a reassuring smile before clearing her throat and saying,

"If Sarah thinks she can do this, then I'm behind her."

"Thanks, Ve. He's my dad. And I know him and I know he loves me. I'm just asking for two hours." Sarah looked around at the group hopefully.

JJ threw his arms up and tutted, he thought it was stupid. It was like walking into a lions den. River send the boy a warning look, not wanting him to make Sarah feel worse than she already does.

Sarah slowly stood up, a frown on her face since everyone didn't support her. River and Silas stood up with the girl. River wrapped her arms around Sarah and whispered,

"You've got this." Sarah nodded in response, her arms tightening around River's shoulders.

"I'm going with you, I need a few things from my house anyway." Silas lied. He just didn't like the idea of the girl going alone. Sarah nodded in agreement, walking away with the boy.

"Sarah." John B called, making the blonde pause.

"I'll start up the boat." Silas announced, continuing to head towards the boat.

JJ wrapped his arms around River's shoulders, his hands hanging limply in front of hers. The girl brought her own hands up to link her finger's with his. She had missed him being so close to her.

"She's got this." River whispered as the pogues watched the boat drive away.