Pronolouge

The young woman let her tears fall down her fair cheeks as she refused to let out any noise in fear. She looked at the small envelope in her hand, signed with her name, her handwriting, all the more convincing. The world had a funny way of working itself out.

She looked down at the busy streets below her. Cars speeding in the roads and bustling people on the sidewalks illuminated by the lamposts, it looked like a beautiful city of the night, it all looked a little unrealistic, like dolls, ants, from this height.

She gulped and gripped the paper tighter, feeling and hearing it crumple a little with the force, the harsh cold air blowing against her making her more aware of the hot tears streaming down her face.

She shivered when she felt the pair of eyes burning into the back of her head, she knew what it meant. It meant 'do it now. Don't waste my time.' how did it come to this?

The woman took a glance over her shoulder at the cloaked figure standing a few feet back from her, not moving, just watching. She turned back to look below her before taking a shaky breath, coughing out a choked sob before letting herself fall freely, her hair blowing in the wind, her mind racing, her heart pulsing, her body filled with adrenaline before hearing screams of surrounding people and feeling everything go numb.

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!"

As people rushed around the woman, staring terrified at the blood that quickly pooled around her body and her lifeless eyes, the cloaked figure stood where the woman once did, smirking sadistically to themselves as they watched all the commotion. The stepped down from the ledge, hands in cloak pockets and made their way to the roof exit, walking down the stairs and out of the backdoor of the building to avoid suspicion.

They walked down the alleyways, darkness engulfing them making them disappear.

"Another pathetic human disposed of."